Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Training Strategy
Requisition ID: 1905761510W
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
Contract: full time, unlimited
The Senior Manager, Training Strategy will be accountable for providing strategic and thorough training partnership to the J&J Global Services /ESP organization. Formulates training approaches and solutions in alignment with the business strategy. Serves as a global training business partner to a Global Services (GS) functional and cross functional groups focusing on gathering business requirements, reviewing performance indicators, conducting training needs analysis and providing training solutions that create value for customers. Provides training expertise, consultation, tools and action plans to support functional, cross functional and/or enterprise wide implementations, launches and/or run state requirements impacting GS customer service delivery (systems, technology, processes, people, etc.). Partners and engages client group and cross tier stakeholders (Global Services, Corporate Services and Business Unit) to gather feedback, maintain transparent communication and ensure alignment between customer needs and training solutions. This role serves as the training consulting arm of the Global Training & Learning Organization (GTLO). The incumbent is expected to be collaborative, inclusive, flexible and adaptive working across time zones with remote colleagues and stakeholders.
- Leads as a global training business partner to a Global Services (GS) functional and cross functional groups focusing on:
- Proactively partnering with stakeholders and business leaders across Global Services (GS), Corporate Services (CS) and Business Unit (BU) to gather and analyze business strategies and organizational capabilities requirements.
- Conducting intake with customers, using business goals information, performance indicators/ data, organizational trends and insights to assess and identify training / capability building needs.
- Formulating training solutions that may include: training prioritization, skills / competencies needs assessment, target audience analysis, development of learning and training objectives, curriculum design/learning journey mapping, success profiles, competency model application, training interventions/ action plans and/or application of standardized learning tools.
- Provides training expertise, consultation, tools and action plans to support functional, cross functional and/or enterprise wide implementations, launches and/or run state requirements impacting GS customer service delivery (systems, technology, processes, people, etc.).
- Applies project management principles and tools to document, articulate and deliver training support including: definition/scope, identification of key stakeholders, training deliverables, progress reporting, risks/ roadblocks and success measures.
- Measures, tracks and communicates to stakeholders and GTLO partners: training strategy progress updates, training effectiveness measures, training ROI, metrics (KPIs) and insights.
- Actively collaborates with GTLO partners to deliver integrated, value added solutions to stakeholders and customers.
- Partners and communicates with other learning and development groups within GS, CS and BU to maintain alignment in training solutions and customer experience.
- Connects training strategy work with workplace engagement and communication programs such as “GS We Belong / We Learn”
- Identifies, recommends and implements continuous improvement opportunities to optimize the standards of training practices, interventions, interdependencies and tools.
- Participates in training communities of practice. Gathers and shares external/internal training benchmark information, lessons learned and best practices.
- Interact and interface with vendors, service providers, and other third parties as applicable in relation to the activities and dependencies of the role.
- Lead special projects and initiatives as assigned.
- If the role includes people management responsibilities:
- Provide leadership and guidance in support of organizational goals and enable a Credo-based culture within the team. Assure that company practices and policies are followed and set an example for team members.
- Develop, coach and engage direct reports to build a high-performance team.
- Champion the J&J 5 Conversations to drive performance, accountability, career growth and development.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, where team members can identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes to drive data accuracy and global compliance and provide support to implement these initiatives by highlighting and discussing key changes/improvement programs with leadership and the appropriate stakeholders.
We’d love to hear from YOU, if you have:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- A minimum of 7 years of providing strategic training business partnering / consulting experience or related is required.
- Experience analyzing business requirements, conducting training needs analysis, formulating training solutions and measuring training effectiveness and/or capability building is required.
- People management experience is preferred.
- Understanding and practical application of adult learning principles, ADDIE Model, Kirkpatrick evaluation model, learning delivery methods, competency models, curriculum design, LMS is required.
- Experience in Shared Services company is preferred
- Experience working in a regional or global environment is required.
- Demonstrates enterprise mindset and operates as a global leader, with understanding and appreciation for regional differences required.
- Excellent relationship management, listening skills and demonstrated track record building strong stakeholder engagement and influencing skills are required.
- Effective communication skills with employees and stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Understanding and application of basic project management tools and practices to lead a training project and/or connect training support to a business project plan is required.
- Inclusive, flexible and adaptive working across time zones with remote colleagues and stakeholders, is required.
- This position will be located in Tampa, FL, Prague, Bogota, or Manila require 20%-30% of domestic and international travel, as needed.
- An opportunity to be part of a global market leader.
- A dynamic and inspiring working environment.
- Many opportunities to work on challenging projects and assignments.
- Possibilities for further personal as well as professional development.
- Many employees benefits:
- 5 weeks of vacation, home office, flexible working hours, sick days
- Meal vouchers, Cafeteria, referral award, life and accident insurance, MultiSport card
- Contribution for: Prague public transportation, language study, illness leave, pension contribution,
- Refreshment in the workplace, company gym, free sports activities, corporate events
The benefits are regulated by an internal policy which contains the full details regarding the entitlement and conditions for the benefits.
JNJ Global Business Servi (7761)
Training & Development