Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior ER / LR Manager
Requisition ID: 1905761138W
Part A: Overall Responsibility
- Provide an overview of the job by summarizing in one or two sentences, the main purposes of this job and what it contributes to the overall business of the organization.
- The Sr.ER/LR Manager is responsible for managing Employee Relations cases for designated workforce group(s), including, but not limited to assistance with complex employment policy interpretation, workforce grievances, advice of management on discipline, facilitation on involuntary separation etc. The incumbent will manage the strategy and relationships with government and regulatory organizations to make internal protocols and policy in line with local government requirement and legal environment. The incumbent also serves as the subject matter expert in some of ER programs and processes.
Part B: Principal Responsibilities
Listing of the job’s major responsibilities preferably in order of importance. Statements should identify the most predominant and significant duties and convey a measure of frequency and occurrence.
- Participate the design, development, and implementation of proactive Employee Relations strategies, practices and policies
- Involved in employee/labor relations trends through research and benchmarking and prepares periodic updates regarding internal and external trends and identifies potential areas of opportunity
- Manage the strategy and relationships with government and regulatory organizations to make internal protocols and policy in line with local government requirement and legal environment
- serve as subject master expert in specific area(s) of ER programs to resolve ER issue related to discipline, grievance, involuntary separation etc.
- Provides day-to-day support, advice and counsel to business leaders and people managers on complex labor and employee relations’ matters including contract interpretation, grievance resolution, discipline management and other related labor and employment matters
- Performance Management – Coach managers on handling performance issues
- Maintain and manage relationship with trade union(s) to attain mutual consent on collective bargaining agreement and other employee congress activities
- Leads and directly deploys a consistent and objective approach to resolve ER issues to model and live in credo culture
- Participate and suggest continuous improvement opportunities to improve provision of services by reviewing and providing feedback on operational processes, policies, standard operating procedures and work instructions and introduce key improvement plans for execution.
- Analyze metrics and provide insights to the HR community and business leaders and lead proactive initiatives to address concerns in relation to the stakeholders/BU they support.
- Major events: advice and guidance on significant workplace events such as acquisitions, Divestitures, Restructuring, plant shut down, insourcing and outsourcing
- Assist with the development of training programs to build manager capability in ER/LR subjects, including delivery of the training.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
than 10 years HR experiences with concentration in ER/LR, HRBP or HR Generalist
Knowledge of Employment and Labor Relations
Experience in diagnosing, isolating, and
resolving complex issues and recommending and implementing strategies to
Detail-oriented (especially with regard to
effectively managing employee relations issues and investigations)
Influence leadership skills, in an indirect,
matrix-based, and virtual environment
Influence, negotiation and consultative skills
Strong interpersonal, consultative and
Strong management skills; operates as a leader
with understanding and appreciation for regional differences
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)