Johnson & Johnson Careers
Sterility Assurance Technician
Requisition ID: 1905760566W
"Caring for the world… one person at a time” … inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo
DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine is the leading developer and manufacturer of orthopaedic sports medicine products, soft tissue repair devices, joint movement solutions and minimally invasive and arthroscopic solutions. Through the ongoing process of improving upon and creating new, technologically advanced instruments and techniques, DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine looks to continue to advance procedural solutions in sports medicine and soft tissue repair.
This position is responsible for supporting DePuy Synthes Mitek Sports Medicine Microbiologist regarding Environmental Monitoring (EM), Contamination Control and Sterilization verifications at Neuchâtel/Marin manufacturing/QC sites in Switzerland.
This position provides EM program, biological/endotoxins/chemical testing scheduling and follow-up to ensure the adequacy of these activities and documentation in terms of regulatory compliance and technical soundness at the manufacturing/QC facilities. This should be accomplished by working closely with the Microbiologist at the site. Sterility Assurance Technician will ensure contamination controls programs and records are maintained per company and franchise policies.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Preparation of sample labels and forms, sampling and testing samples / preparing expedition to contractor
- Independent analysis of routine samples using the applicable test methods
- Logging-in of samples into electronic lab systems or manual systems which would include logbooks/result forms and the maintenance of control numbers
- Performing and monitoring routine testing using laboratory instruments
- Recognizing problems during the analysis or results check
- Initiating investigations for non-conforming laboratory test results
- Performing calibration/verification checks on laboratory instruments
- Making and recording lab observations and calculations
- Collecting and preparing data for evaluation. Compile trending files and indicators.
- Archiving documentation on testing that has been completed
- Maintaining clean work area
- Creating invoices for external laboratories/contractors or laboratory supplies
- Creating protocols and reports for qualifications or assessments
- Supporting projects for Sterility Assurance
- Training operators to sampling or cleanrooms behavior
- An associate degree, High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
- 4-6 years of experience in a GMP environment performing progressively advanced duties
- Ability to communicate in writing and orally, French and English
- Ability to work in cross-functional groups, in an environment that embraces teamwork
- Good interpersonal and organizational skills
- Flexible and self-motivated
- Valid driver’s license
- 10% national travel
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Synthes GmbH (7111)