Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905760424W
Cost Accountant - Senior Finance Analyst – Make
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest orthopedic and neurological company, most creative and complete in the world. It offers a breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, craniomaxillofacial neurological tools and biomaterials.
Depuy Synthes Finance is recruiting for a Senior Financial Analyst role located in Cork, Ireland.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing financial support for the Joint Reconstruction Make business, including financial strategy, performance and business support.
As a Snr FA, you will partner with the Joint Reconstruction Make team to support the supply chain business, as well as partner with the internal finance team to execute financial closing and accounting procedures, budgeting, forecasting, and highlighting risks/opportunities versus targets.
Main duties & responsibilities:
- Prepare and issue monthly management reports and manufacturing dashboards to DePuy and MD&D Supply Chain Finance Director prior to the required submission date in accordance with tight reporting deadlines.
- Performance analysis on financial results, identify trends and highlight issues. Meet department managers to present this information on a monthly basis.
- CIP tracking and reporting.
- Assist in the formulation of the annual business plan and quarterly updates and submissions as required.
- Responsible for setting of variable and fixed departmental spend budgets.
- Prepare Value Stream Financial statements.
- Provide information to set CIP targets.
- Calculation of Standards Costs and Systems Costs for Cork plant
FINANCIAL AND COPORATE REPORTING AND CONTROL
- Prepare and issue all reports required by DePuy and MD&D Supply Chain Finance on a timely basis.
- Prepare monthly updates to Operations Business Plan.
- Detailed knowledge of Corporate accounting standards and worldwide procedures.
- Maintain and implement internal control procedures relevant to areas of responsibility.
- Responsibility for Grant Claims for the Cork plant.
- Business partner to Value Streams and support functions.
- Support the preparation of CARs and management of the annual capital budget.
- Support the validation of financial benefits for proposed projects.
- Be a value-adding member of the Manufacturing & Multifunctional Business Teams
- Develop financial awareness of all members in cross-functional teams
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Support any requirements from External and internal auditors
- Provide support to ensure all accounting and reporting procedures comply with SOX and internal control guidelines
- Implement system enhancements in the Manufacturing and related Accounting areas. Validation of all system changes in these areas.
- Continuously improving controls, including edit reports and system access.
- Continuous Improvement focus
- Responsibility for duty compliance and monthly PCC Revenue Returns.
- Perform any other duties as required from time to time.
- To adhere to the company’s procedures.
- All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an Accounting role in a Manufacturing environment or equivalent experience.
- Qualified ACCA, ACA or CIMA accountant or equivalent degree.
- Experience on a computerised accounting package e.g. JD EDWARDS, SAP or equivalent system.
- Work on their own initiative, be flexible and wish to progress further with their career.
- Results orientation
- Strong analytical skills and dedicated attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
- Effective Communicator - Strong communication skills
- Excellent Time Management Skills
- Facilitator - Builds positive relationships
- High Initiative
- Multi-tasking skills - Works effectively and prioritizes key actions
- Discernment & Tact
- This job description is not an exhaustive list of the job holders’ responsibilities. J&J are an equal opportunity employer.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)