Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Director - Education Solutions, DePuy Synthes Asia Pacific
Requisition ID: 1905760402W
PURPOSE: The Senior Director, Global Education Solutions, DePuy Synthes has a critical leadership role for the DePuy Synthes Franchise in Asia Pacific. This individual has the responsibility to execute the Regional Professional Education and Commercial Education strategies in alignment with the WW DPS Education Lead. The incumbent is a member of APAC DePuy Synthes LT and WW DPS Education LT.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Functions as the overall relationship manager for key stakeholders in DePuy Synthes APAC, to include DePuy Synthes Franchise lead, country DPS leads, regional marketing and other commercial functions.
- Develops vision, mission, goals for the regional DePuy Synthes Education Solutions organization aligned to DePuy Synthes Franchise strategic roamap and DePuy Synthes business plan.
- Designs and executes an integrated regional Education organization for DePuy Synthes. Accountable for attracting, staffing, developing and retaining a diverse DePuy Synthes Education Solutions team.
- Collaboration with key Medical Societies including the AO Foundation relationship, Teaching Instituitions and thought leaders to shape Medical education for Orthopedic Surgeons.
- Collaboration with MD education capabilities and digital education teams to build innovative learning programs for Surgeons and Commercial organizations resulting improvement in effectiveness and efficiencies of Education capability.
- On an annual basis execute approx. 700 external events, training 14,000 HCP’s regionally and execute approx. 100 internal events, training 2,000 Commercial associates regionally.
- Serves as a member of the APAC DePuy Synthes LT
- Leadership responsibility for assuring necessary tools, policies and procedures are developed and integrated to support and comply with all legal, regulatory and HCC policies to include APACMed, Advamed, PharMa, ACCME, etc. (and all AP Country requirements).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sets vision, mission, goals for DePuy Synthes GES team assuring alignment with WW and Region Marketing strategy.
- Lead talent magagement to include: leveraging functional competency models, recruitment, on-boarding, training/development and succession planning.Foster a high performance environment and culture of collaboration and innovation.
- Build strong instructional design capability for GES ensuring integration for adult learning principles in all learning experiences.
- Leads the governance of DePuy Synthes Education Solutions regionally to ensure standardization and regional needs are met in alignment to business effectiveness
- Deploy learning continuums for internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborates with Digital Education Solutions (DES) to provide business insights, integrate DES products into the DePuy Synthes Education Ecosystems and maximize the data and analytics capabilities to drive business decision.
- Collaborates with GES Strategic Capabilities & Operations (GESC&O) to leverage efficiencies, brand standards, and sales leadership, strategic accounts, and marketing learning and development programs.
POLICIES: Know and follow policies and procedures related to work activities performed in area of responsibility
TRAINING: Complete training in area of responsibility within allowed time-period. Training is required for changes in existing policies and procedures, for new assignments and for implementation of new policies and procedures. Complete required periodic re-training in areas such as safety and environmental compliance.
SAFETY: Follow all company safety policies and other safety precautions within work area. Promote safety to all associates that enter work area. Follow Health Care Compliance guidelines as well as follow operating room training and safety standards (Bloodborne pathogens training, etc).
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 12 years managing in the areas of Learning/Education, Marketing and/or Sales in Medical Device
- Proven ability to influence corporate leadership and partner with diverse multi-functional teams across geographic boundaries
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team including personnel who may be working in other locations in the US and outside the US
- Ability to lead cross functional teams and across a matrix organization
- MBA preferred
- Previous Commercial experience
- Experience working across markets – in particular China & Japan
- Strategy development and execution
- Prior experience in Sales, Marketing, Sales Training, Strategy development and Analytics
- Strong influence management and communications skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop internal and external networks
- Demonstrated track record for Standards of Leadership traits
- Office deskwork, requiring sitting, walking, using phone and computer
- May lift up to 30 lbs occasionally
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Office, laboratory and surgical facilities
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May provide direction of activities to others
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Overnight travel may be required up to 40%
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)