Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Lead Immunology
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1905760124W
Medical Lead Gastroenterology
Location : High Wycombe
At Janssen, we are dedicated to addressing and solving some of the most important unmet medical needs of our time in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious diseases and vaccines, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
Driven by our commitment to patients, we bring innovative products, services and solutions to people throughout the world. Janssen is a pharmaceutical company of Johnson & Johnson. Please visit www.janssen.co.uk for more information.
We are looking for high caliber physicians to join the UK Medical Affairs Team to provide medical and scientific advice to the business. The Medical lead will play a critical role in providing medical support to the Immunology franchises, with an opportunity to make a real difference to the therapy area. Janssen has a strong heritage in Immunology, providing innovative treatments for people. To underline its commitment to these therapy areas, they have been designated as Disease Area Strongholds within Janssen, thereby ensuring that they receive particular focus in terms of pipeline development support and talent recruitment.
You will Lead the gastroenterology therapy area team to develop and execute strategy for both current and pipeline products and indications in Immunology.
The team provides insights around key brand and marketplace themes/trends to the cross-functional brand team, EMEA and global teams to help optimise brand/therapy strategy, decision-making on current and future licence indications and enable internal and external customers to make informed decisions.
You will ensure all individuals, strategies and processes are in compliance with all relevant guidelines and regulations.
Core Functional Responsibilities:
THERAPY AREA KNOWLEDGE: 25%
- Review summarised literature searches, analysed clinical papers, attend conferences, courses and other such events to be aware of the latest scientific and clinical advances in relevant therapy areas.
- Attend courses and industry meetings, read industry publications and discuss therapy area with colleagues to keep up to date with developments within the pharmaceutical industry and pharmaceutical medicine.
- Monitor competitor promotional and scientific activities so as to understand their ongoing strategies, as well as to assess their compliance with the Code of Practice.
- Synthesize therapy knowledge and data to ensure Janssen therapy area strategy is aligned and course correct where necessary
CUSTOMER/ EXTERNAL EXCELLENCE: 25%
- Meet with identified key customers and researchers on a regular basis through meetings, conferences etc., as required to ensure alignment of strategic directions
- Exchange disease area knowledge and opinions in order to understand the emerging opinions
- Increase the customers understanding of Janssen products and processes (e.g. clinical data, IIS, clinical trials, compliance processes), according to their expressed interests and needs and to seek their advice on the development of our products.
- Manage and maintain positive relationship with Key Opinion Leaders and Deliver scientific and medical content for medical advisory boards.
- To be the point of contact for principal investigators proposing investigator initiated studies (IIS) and manage such studies in collaboration with GCO
- Support comms dept with patient advocacy groups and their initiatives e.g. responding to clinical interest, gathering insights. Have oversight of these to identify themes
- Lead MAF engagement in the UK Country Value Team, feedback insights from customers in order to contribute to cross-functional (marketing, medical, outcomes research, BI and communications) brand team strategies. Additionally, highlight key aspects of the clinical data so that they form the basis of key marketing messages.
- Engage with internal stakeholders on topics of mutual interest in order to encourage optimal use and/or understanding of Janssen products
- Network with the Global and EMEA Medical Affairs, R&D, GCO, SKM, Medical Education and marketing teams to ensure free flow of information and ideas between the different teams, while aligning objectives.
- Inform the Global and European teams by verbal and written communications of the local country specific differences e.g. applicability of ABPI Code of Practice in the UK, and of the potential impact these differences may have on marketing of a product, feasibility of a clinical trial in a specific country.
- Clinical Trials: Read and amend study proposals to ensure any trials are aligned with Global, Regional and local commercial strategies, within a timely fashion as defined by ReCAP process and ensure relevance to local market.
- Maintain expert knowledge of all relevant local country specific differences, for example applicability of the ABPI Code of Practice in the UK, and the potential impact these differences may have on marketing a product, performing a clinical trial in that country or holding an educational event there.
- Provide support to enable their team to undertake their activities. This may take the form of general or technical advice, and will also include facilitating their personal development as well as facilitating progression through the organisation.
- Lead the development of the MAF strategy for allocated therapy area and support the development of compliant materials, aligned to ABPI and HCBI guidelines
- Lead MAF engagement with UK CVT and other internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with the necessary Codes of Practice and Laws governing the promotion and sale of medicines within the UK and Ireland.
- Review of materials submitted for copy approval.
- In the event of any potential breaches of the Code of Practice, lead the complaints procedure to defend the position of Janssen including engaging in inter-company dialogue and representation at PMCPA hearing if necessary.
- Medically qualified physician with post registration clinical experience.
- Commercially astute with good communication skills.
- Prior experience working the field of Immunology strongly preferred.
- Prior Industry experience strongly preferred.
- A desire to succeed in the Medical Affairs environment.
- Strong team player with the ability to motivate others and succeed in a highly integrated group environment.
- Strong Leadership and line Management skills
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purpose of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Janssen-Cilag Ltd, a Johnson & Johnson company. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe-
Janssen Cilag Ltd. (7360)