Johnson & Johnson Careers
Occupational Health Nurse
Requisition ID: 1905760116W
Caring for the world… one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings, help advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
For our production site, we are looking for a highly committed:
Occupational Health Nurse based in Le Locle
The OH nurse will deliver an integrated Global Health Service to the operating
company. Responsible for optimizing the development and execution of GHS
strategies and standards for local operating company, in the areas of Occupational. Health, Wellness & Health Promotion, EAP and Energy Management.
At this level the role has increased responsibility including, but not limited to,
additional skills, multiples sites, a team, etc.
The OH Nurse will work routinely with internal key stakeholders in the local operating
company (eg site leaders, EHS, HR) and with the GHS Campus Director.
- Responsible for site level implementation of GHS strategy and operational service delivery for operating company/ies.
- Drives health outcomes including reducing population health risks, managing and eliminating workplace health risks and supporting improved business outcomes through advancing employee health and wellbeing.
- Responsible for delivery of GHS metrics, goals and outcomes for operating company.
- Supports GHS Campus Director for day to day vendor management for all GHS vendors for the operating company.
- Responsible for site level quality assurance and process efficiencies, including supporting global strategies for the successful deployment of MAARS and QA guideline programs and systems for key data and metric tracking (eg GHAT, OH Index) for the operating company.
- Understands Regulatory compliance and the global J&J requirements.
- Be knowledgeable of the applicable country/canton health related legislation.
- Communicate impact of country health related legislation on the site local Environmental, Health & Safety.
- Understanding of J&J requirements, programs, resources and policies and how this is related to regulatory compliance, as well as the MAARS process.
- Applies basic financial concepts to manage site level OH budget in liaison with GHS Campus Director.
- Leads a team of health services and resources professionals and facilities teamwork and effective communication within the team.
- Partners with members of the health, wellness and safety team to assure effective implementation of health service.
- Assists the health services and resources manager in the management and administration of health services at assigned locations.
- Supervises and evaluates work performance of the nursing staff in terms of patient care, staff relationship and efficiency of service.
- Member of business leadership team if appropriate to ensure Health goals with business needs and customers.
- Manage Occupational Health.
- Responsible for the site level Global Health Service program delivery, to be in compliance with J&J requirements & goals and local legal requirements; be knowledgeable of the business needs, organizational and demographic factors.
- In conjunction with Campus GHS Director, provide Global Health Services reports to management as defined on site, but at least once/year. Assess the work environment.
- Review the site Industrial Hygiene data and collaborate with the Environmental, Health & Safety in the development of Similar Exposure Groups.
- Participle in the workplace inspections, Environmental, Health & Safety audits and injury/illness investigations.
- Support recommendations on hazard control measures such as engineering controls, administrative controls and appropriate Personal Protective Equipment.
- Be knowledgeable of the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and know how to interpret health related information contained in it.
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical practice.
- Demonstrate proficiency in clinical interventions, including history taking and all aspects of the medical examination as required based on standards of medical practice.
- Acts as medical resource to other site professionals and management for information, problem solving, and decision making related to OH related issues.
- Support the development of the medical aspects of the site emergency preparedness plan, including the selection of appropriate emergency equipment.
- Maintains scientific, regulatory and business knowledge appropriate to the nursing profession and specialty.
- Support fitness for work assessment.
- Conducts Fitness for Work assessments as applicable, including new hire assessments (where legally allowed), periodical medical surveillance examinations and Return to Work assessments.
- Collaborate with employee, HR & management to recommend employee placement, limitations/restriction and/or job modifications.
- Support the site medical surveillance program.
- Develop/support the site medical surveillance program, including biomonitoring and trending.
- Collaborate where needed in the development of Health related training.
- Develop/support the trending of medical surveillance assessments results, and compare with others in the same Similar Exposure Group.
- Communicate OH related findings to Environmental, Health & Safety and site management where required.
- Support the site absence management as appropriate and demonstrate expertise in country specific medical case management.
- Manage the site medical recordkeeping process to ensure that is compliant with applicable laws/regulations, J&J Standards, including data privacy aspects.
- Support the site travel health program.
- Deliver travel risk assessments, required vaccination and other travel related support as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of International SOS services.
- Support the Mental Wellbeing Service.
- Day to day management of the local Employee Assistance vendor.
- Support the company in the management of psychosocial issues and where appropriate, refer employees/family members to available services such as psychological, medical or other resources, including Employee Assistance Services.
- Support the development of a local Mental Wellbeing Strategy.
- Manage Wellness & Health Promotion.
- Responsible for developing the company health promotion program which addresses the most important lifestyle health risks, based on the outcomes from the Health Profile results, other company health information and J&J requirements.
- Manage the Health Profile campaign and deliver on GHS goals.
- Deliver key health promotion activities.
- Contribute to the measuring of the effectiveness of interventions, as well as the cost effectiveness and the use of external organizations where required to support the site health promotion program.
- Day to day management of any local wellness vendors, such as fitness center staff.
- Support/Lead the E4PIL program.
- Support the strategy and development of the on-site program.
- Manage the pre-program biometrics.
- Provide post course coaching as required.
- Nursing degree with preferred certificate and OH qualification.
- 5 years OH related experience.
- Business acumen and customer sensitivity.
- Leadership; ability to gain trust and influence at all levels; collaborative.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Ability to manage a virtual team.
- Effective team player.
- Strong communicator who is credible and self-assured.
- Strong compliance orientation.
- Ability to work in a matrix, team oriented environment.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- English / German: business fluent oral and written.
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)