Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Eng. Team Leader
Requisition ID: 1905759904W
1. Overall responsibilities
This role provides leadership and direction for a team of engineering technician resources and activities and is responsible for ensuring the engineering team performs within budget and to plan, using best practices, innovation, and people development. Partners with manufacturing and quality in the identification, definition and execution of projects and delivers technical requirements for the launch of products as well as continuous improvement of the supply chain capabilities.
• Partners with manufacturing and quality to ensure the requirements for capacity, availability, quality standards and compliant documentation are met. Encourages and supports the identification and development of innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
• Invests in the professional development of engineering staff including work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis, presentation of data and technical writing. Provides technical support and direction across the site and mentors engineering staff.
• BS Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent. Further Education (if applicable):
• Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree, preferred. Experience:
• Minimum 4 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
• 2 years of experience in a supervisory or cross-functional project manager role preferred.
• Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
• Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 4 years of experience preferred.
• Experience developing and implementing robust automated manufacturing equipment, preferred.
• Experience with packaging, Laser, and CNC processes and equipment, preferred.
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)