Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905759521W
DePuy Synthes, part of Johnson & Johnson family of companies, is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world, built upon the strong legacies of two great companies.
DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings helps advance the health and wellbeing of people around the world.
DePuy Synthes, who employ over 1000 people in Cork established its manufacturing facility in Cork in 1997 where it manufactures orthopedic knees and hips. In 2014, DePuy Synthes in Cork won the Shingo Prize for Operational Excellence.
The Plant Manager will direct and be responsible for overall manufacturing performance of the site and delivery against plan goals. This position will direct and implement all aspects of the company's strategic plan within the Cork site. This individual will be responsible for ensuring quality and compliance for the site and creating an environment that prioritizes and holds site leadership accountable for Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS). This role will provide clear direction for the plant leadership team (not all will have direct reporting relationships) to ensure clarity of expectations and responsibilities. Will influence across the matrix and collaborate with other functional partners (Quality, Engineering, Finance, IT, HR, Facilities, Procurement, Planning and Product Management) and other Supply Chain leaders to ensure alignment with goals and priorities.
This role acts as the integral link in all plant communication channels and will act as champion to build external community engagement. In addition, this role will be responsible to encourage, coach, develop future leaders and to demonstrate inspiration across a broad, highly diverse employee population.
Positive leadership attributes which are crucial in this role include: business and financial acumen, courage, innovation, change and inclusive leadership, influence, an end to end mindset and the ability to build trusting relationships.
Reporting to: VP of Manufacturing, Global Joint Reconstruction
Main areas of responsibility:
• Directs the development and preparation of short-term and long-range sales/profitability and other goals plans and budgets based upon the broad Business Unit goals and growth objectives.
• Makes timely decisions and balances short-term needs with longer term strategic impact.
• Develops and establishes Business Unit operating policies consistent with the policies and objectives as set by the top leadership in the organization and insures their execution. • Appraises and evaluates the results of overall operations regularly and systematically and reports these results.
• Maximizes business unit performance and productivity from insight generation to strategy development.
• Identifies, directs and participates in acquisition and future growth activities, including investigations, evaluations, and negotiations in accordance with Business Unit objectives. Builds organizational capability and allocates appropriate resources to achieve growth goals.
• Creates the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization's current activities and its projected growth.
• Maintains a sound plan of Business Unit organization, establishing policies to ensure adequate management development and to provide for capable management succession.
• Ensures sound services and working relationships with key staff of important customers and vendors, with outside services such as consultants, legal counsel, advertising agencies, and regulatory agencies, and with outside public and governmental bodies.
• Plays a key role in shaping the external environment.
• Builds an engaged workforce and establish a plan for continuous staff development.
• Leads and coaches the executive team.
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required, preferably in Engineering or a technical discipline. Advanced degree in an Engineering or Business related discipline is preferred.
• A minimum of 8 years of experience in Operations with heavy emphasis on FDA Regulatory requirements is required.
• A minimum of 6 years of people leadership experience is required.
• Strong global leadership profile.
• Experience managing a large organization within a multinational environment is required.
• Experience creating and developing a high performing, diverse and inclusive organization is required.
• Experience in functions such as plan, source, manufacturing, deliver, quality, or engineering highly preferred. Experience in or strong partnership with Commercial and/or R&D organizations is a plus.
• Demonstrated ability to engage and motivate others toward a common goal or vision across all employee levels.
• Practical, first-hand experience in successfully applying Lean tools, such as Just in Time (JIT), 5S, Kaizen, and Value Stream Mapping, to create value improvement gains is preferred. Six Sigma and/or LEAN certification is highly preferred.
• This position will be located in (Cork, Ireland) and will require up to 15% domestic and international travel.
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)