Johnson & Johnson Careers
Research Epidemiologist Bacterial Vaccines
Requisition ID: 1905758890W
Department Bacterial Vaccines
Bacterial Vaccines Research and Early Development is part of Janssen Vaccines & Prevention and focuses on research and (early) development of vaccines against bacterial infectious diseases.
As research epidemiologist Bacterial Vaccines, you will support the development and execution of epidemiological studies to facilitate robust clinical development of bacterial vaccines vaccine development programs. In collaboration with cross-functional teams, the research epidemiologist will support a wide range of aspects of epidemiological studies, including but not limited to study design, protocol development, data analysis, data review, result reporting, and preparation of summaries for regulatory submissions, publications and technical reports. In addition, the epidemiologist will be held responsible for maintaining and updating an epidemiological literature database and may conduct systematic literature reviews/meta-analyses to answer specific research questions.
Doctoral degree in Infectious Diseases Epidemiology, or related discipline with at least two years of relevant experience or Master’s degree in Infectious Diseases Epidemiology, or related discipline with at least four years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the design, implementation and analysis of prospective and retrospective field-based epidemiological studies.
- Experience with systematic literature review and meta-analyses
- Experience with electronic health record research and real-world evidence
- Demonstrated ability to conduct independent research
- Experience working in cross-functional teams and/or in a matrix organizational structure
- Solid knowledge of epidemiologic principles & methodology
- Ability to evaluate, critically interpret and summarize epidemiologic data
- Knowledge of electronic health care databases
- Knowledge of bacterial infectious diseases
- Knowledge of drug or vaccine development process
- Work according to established and written procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize individual workload
- Strong presentation skills and excellent written and spoken English
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)