Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Principal Statistician/Associate Director, Statistics within its Translational Medicine and Early Development Statistics (TMEDS). The individual is to be located primarily in Shanghai, China and should be willing to accept up to 20% domestic and international travel.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson are dedicated to addressing and solving the most important unmet medical needs of our time, including in oncology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease, and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Driven by our commitment to patients, we develop sustainable, integrated healthcare solutions by working side-by-side with healthcare stakeholders, based on partnerships of trust and transparency.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The successful candidate contributes to the strategic statistical direction at Janssen and provides input to leaders on strategies, structures and processes.
Core competencies, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
• Provides experimental design, analysis, interpretation and statistical communications support to the Shanghai discovery center.
• Assumes responsibilities on the global level and may contribute to the development of clinical early development effort locally.
• Documents projects in sufficient detail for reproducibility.
• Serves as initial consultation contact for new projects. Maintains and grows customer base, and builds loyal relationships with customers.
• Assumes independent, professional responsibility for all phases of a project request from beginning through completion, with minimal supervision as needed.
• Manages multiple projects.
• Leads Statistical Input for at least one functional area, research field, or compound.
• Provides input to product development and performs statistical functions for submission related activities where appropriate.
• Ph.D. in Statistics or related field with minimum 3 years relevant experience, or Master’s in Statistics or related field with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience, PhD preferred
• Ability to work independently
• Demonstrated ability to work in interdisciplinary contexts outside statistics.
• Ability to work in a matrix organization and cross-functionally to identify and resolve issues is desired.
• Proficiency in SAS or R, as well as a working knowledge of other relevant computational tools is required.
• Experience utilizing mathematical modeling in drug development process preferred
• Good written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills are required.