Johnson & Johnson Careers
Network Design Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905758194W
Approximate Percentage of Time - Tasks/Duties/Responsibilities
15% - Establish and maintain regular communications with Architecture, Deployment as well as Operations teams, Supplier management and vendors regarding requisite network infrastructure changes and improvement opportunities.
25% - Consult with peer organizations and management on best practices for network standards and develop configuration & platform templates to support global deployments at scale. This includes providing supporting documentation and training to the regional support teams.
15% - Develops release management plan for platform connectivity solutions. Analyzes vulnerabilities, bugs and target features to recommend future OS versions. Provides cost justification for implementation across JNJ’s environment.
20% - Develop automation scripts to correct deviation from standards implementation templates and perform regular audits of the environment to ensure compliance.
20% - Design and implement architectures to facilitate configuration and management of JNJs production networks. Assist with re-designing business critical services in LMDW environments for better availability, reliability and cost efficiency. Consult with peer organizations on best practices and technical guidance on all manner of Merger, Acquisition and Divestiture projects.
5% - Mentor junior staff in network design and automation, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan.
100% - Total
• Communicate the progress of your work to your peers, customers, and leads.
• Provide self-assessment on how to improve their own performance.
• Contribute towards streamlining functional processes and help minimize resource inefficiency.
Required Years of Related Experience:
• 8-10 years of direct experience designing, installing and /or managing a highly available global production network for a large enterprise with at least 2 years of current hands on experience with data center and branch routing, switching and security.
• 5+ years of demonstrated experience in a large enterprise with a focus on securing connectivity in Manufacturing, Distribution, M&A and Divestiture related environments.
• 2+ years of tooling and automation development supporting zero touch and power-on auto provisioning. Relevant work experience, including Unix systems administration with scripting experience in Shell, Ruby, Python, Perl or YAML.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Current knowledge and demonstrated understanding of infrastructure protocols (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, ECMP, etc.), Route optimization, load balancing, IPAM and application protocols (HTTP/S, TCP/UDP, LDAP, SNMP, etc.) as well as means of securing communications.
• Knowledge or demonstrated experience with software/cloud applications, migration to public cloud services as well as application development methodologies.
• Versed in a variety of hardware and software manufacturers, and a high degree of comfort and experience in mixed vendor environments e.g. Cisco, Arista, Juniper, VMWare, F5 as well as developing and deploying solutions on open source protocols and technologies.
• Hands on knowledge of wired and wireless connectivity platforms and protocols such as DWDM, MPLS, Spanning-tree, RF optimization, 802.11x and 802.1x authentication.
• Excellent written and oral communication skill with experience presenting highly conceptual designs to executives, mid-level management's, and peer engineers.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)