Johnson & Johnson Careers
Specialist, eLearning Courseware Developer
Training & Development
Requisition ID: 1905758191W
The Specialist, eLearning Courseware Developer will be responsible for developing eLearning content for courses, stand-alone modules, simulations, micro-learning objects, HTML landing pages and complex interactions including gamification and assessments. They will have experience working with Learning Experience Designers/Instructional Designers and translating storyboards to courseware and working within an iterative/agile process. They will have advanced technical skills with eLearning development applications such as Trivantis Lectora Inspire, Articulate Storyline 360 and/or Adobe Captivate.
Over the course of their experience, they will be collaborative, organized and adaptive to learning new development tools and technologies. Moreover, they will successfully work under minimal mentorship with proven problem-solving skills. They will be a self-starter and will comfortably communicate and discuss design ideas, and will collaborate across time zones with remote team mates. Communication skills, agility and attitude will be fundamental to the success of all our projects and to overall team success.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create learner-centered multimedia and technology-enhanced training including but not limited to eLearning courses and stand-alone modules, simulations, micro-learning objects, HTML landing pages, complex interactions including gamification and assessments.
- Work with Learning Experience Designers and Visual and Information Designers to understand learner needs and partner to ideate on building a great learner experience
- Recommend alternative course development approaches within the training deliverable when appropriate (such as learner interactions or “check your knowledge” approaches) in support of learning objectives
- Adhere to defined quality assurance guidelines and processes such as:
- Apply quality assurance guidelines to ensure accuracy of training materials and removal of protected information
- Assist with the testing and review of learning content prior to launching via the SUMMIT LMS
- Upload accurate documents and/or source files to the internal content library as per established guidelines
- Identify need for additional tools and applications and provide recommendations to Manager, Training Development and Technology
- Adhere to company practices, policies and Credo-based culture, and set an example for other team members. Utilize established company tools/methodology as needed or required
- Work with manager/coach to set goals for growth and development
- Support global culture of continuous improvement and identify areas for improvement on daily operational processes to drive data accuracy and global compliance
- Communicate and interact effectively, and develop credibility and trusted mutually respected relationships with customers, partners, leaders and team members
- Support special projects and initiatives as assigned
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree is required
- A minimum of 1 year e-learning development and technical experience using tools such as Lectora, Storyline 360, Captivate and/or other related software is required.
- Understanding of graphic design, layout principles and UI/UX experience is preferred.
- Experience with SCORM and Section 508 requirements, and technical specifications for Learning Management Systems (LMSs) is required.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and solve programming issues is required.
- Proven ability to produce deliverables that incorporate interactive design principles is required.
- Ability to interpret standard storyboard designs and convert them into eLearning developed course is required.
- Discretion, professionalism, confidentiality and judgement is required.
- Ability to work effectively (e.g. provide on-time and quality deliverables) in a fast-paced, self-directed team-based environment is required.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Experience working collaboratively with peers on multi-faceted project is required.
- Adaptive and willing to learn and incorporate new ideas and emerging technologies is required.
- Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment is required.
- This position will require approximately 10%-15% of domestic and international travel, depending on business need.
Johnson & Johnson International (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. - ROHQ
Training & Development