Johnson & Johnson Careers
Commercial Support Senior Analyst - MSM
Requisition ID: 1905757590W
Commercial Support Senior FP&A Finance Analyst Mid-Sized Markets (MSM) – Nordics & Israel
LOCATION: Pinewood, Wokingham, UK
Caring for the world, one person at a time inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing creative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the J&J Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every single day, throughout the world.
Global Finance function of Johnson & Johnson offers exciting career opportunities for Finance professionals. We provide value by delivering superior financial performance, assuring financial integrity and compliance and, by developing great business leaders with Finance expertise. At Johnson & Johnson, a continuing focus on being agile, efficient and effective for the future is at the heart of what we do.
The FP&A Centre of Excellence (FP&A CoE) sit inside Business Unit Services. In EMEA, the Centre of Excellence team are a dynamic, diverse group of individuals representing a wide variety of experiences and cultural backgrounds. The team is fundamentally changing how Finance supports the Johnson & Johnson businesses in the region. This means the FP&A CoE provides the ideal work environment for those who enjoy being challenged and rapidly growing their horizons.
MSM is a cluster within the Hospital Medical Devices sector (HMD). This sector is composed by 3 business units: Ethicon (our surgery franchise where we offer from our well-known sutures to advanced surgery devices and services), CSS (which is mainly our Cardiovascular business where we offer advanced technologies for the treatment of atrial fibrillation and stroke) and Depuy Synthes (which encompasses all our orthopaedics platforms).
Primarily in this role you work with & support the Commercial Support Manager for MSM and drive & lead activities in the areas of forecasting / planning and reporting for Nordics and Israel. The areas covered are often complex in nature and require process expertise, in depth knowledge of J&J worldwide and FP&A procedures and detailed understanding of each area. Areas include:
- Proactively lead and own P&L, Balance Sheet and Headcount business plans and related processes and their accurate and timely submissions in the system (TM1, Bravo App, Bravo);
- Support Commercial Support Manager for MSM and local Business Unit Finance (BUF) teams in all elements of Forecasting, Planning and Reporting
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc reporting & performance analytics - GP analysis, Price volume, Budget vs Actual reports, Sales Reports, Spend Optimization, Trending, etc
- Preparation of the monthly performance decks and BP/Forecast decks adding first line commentary to enable framing by the BUF team
- Ensure Bravo (corporate consolidation) reporting is accurate and timely for all business plans and updates
- Liaise with BUF local team and FP&A CoE (MSM & Regional Team) to ensure delivery of efficient reporting through automation and standardisation.
- Manage monthly reporting activities for your countries of responsibility in a timely and accurate manner
- Understand the tax model structure for management reporting company within the cluster including identifying changes to Legal Entity structures if applicable
- Analyse, interpret, communicate& review financial performance
- Meet all Compliance Requirements: SOX, J&J Records Retention rules, HCC/HCBI/IAPP etc
- Drive process standardization and continuous improvements in line with EMEA, MSM and FP&A CoE strategy
- Support/lead process improvement projects relevant to MSM and wider EMEA
- Share best practice across FP&A CoE Team & wider EMEA Finance teams
- Assist the FP&A CoE Commercial Support Manager for MSM in the documentation of current processes – SOPs, work instructions, process flows, etc.
- Build strong interdependent partnerships with the FP&A CoE and Regional Finance Teams at all appropriate levels
- Provide financial leadership & analysis of new service opportunities & other key projects & ensure ongoing monitoring; Provide strong finance leadership to other projects as required
You will possess strong technical and analytical skills with a successful track record of operating with multiple stakeholders in a complex environment. Strong leadership and influencing skills are essential to effectively drive the business planning process and standardization.
- Bachelor’s Degree qualification, with a financial certification in ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CMA (or equivalent qualification)
- Strong post qualification experience
- Strong analytical skills, ability to analyse and interpret financial data
- Collaborative in style, open to change and strong continuous improvement mindset
- Varied experiences in management accounting, decision support etc
- Ability to bring clarity to complex business issues and proven success in managing projects & processes
- Strong communication, influencing & business partnering skills with an ability to flex communication styles appropriate to different levels and stakeholders
- Strong Business Mindset, Customer Focus
- Anticipate and manage competing and changing priorities; recommend trade-offs for business impact
- Committed to on-time-zero-defect reporting and compliance with J&J standards
- Demonstrate honesty and ethical behaviour in all areas of responsibility, and act as a role model for J&J Credo values
- Strong influencer, independent thinking, and strong planning/prioritization are critical to success
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office is required
- Knowledge of SAP, Excel, and ideally J&J systems
- Experience using a financial planning tool such as TM1 etc
- Fluent in English (written & oral)
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)