Johnson & Johnson Careers
Graduate Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead
Requisition ID: 1905757373W
Graduate Manufacturing Engineering Team Lead
At Johnson & Johnson you can build a career with a purpose that makes a difference. Cutting-edge science, digital technology and new ways of thinking are improving how people are cared for around the globe, and we are at the forefront. We are the world’s most broadly-based global healthcare business, with more than 275 companies in 60 countries, and our companies touch all aspects of human health, from consumer products to pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from
Personal development and effectiveness training
Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland, located in Castletroy, Limerick, produces a world leading range of contact lenses. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
Training with METLs (Manufacturing Engineering Team Leads) towards managing a phase (grouped production lines) to ensure all targets are met and ensure consistent hand over to next team
- Managing a team of technicians from entry and training to developing technical skill of individuals to compliment resources of the unit/phase
- Managing technical issues & ensures plans in place/operation to address these.
- Day to day people management and on the job feedback given to technicians
- Follows through on all basics such as Focus lines / handovers / housekeeping / performance of shift
- Developing technicians i.e. plans ahead in terms of how each tech moves through grid
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments’ continuous improvement program.
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- Manage New Product Introductions & Product Transfers
- Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioural Standards based culture within the group.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, Maps, etc).
- Ensure all process developments, NPI etc are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives
- All employees are responsible for minimizing both the Environmental and Health & Safety effects of the work that they perform.
- Be a leader on Site Safety by actively participating in the ERT team and related training.
Key Skills and Competencies required:
- Ability to approach projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Recent Graduate (2019 or due to graduate in 2020). Must hold a minimum of a Level 8 Bachelor's degree in a production management discipline or related discipline
- Strong technical aptitude is essential
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
- Skilled in the use of problem-solving tools/techniques an advantage
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDER’S RESPONSIBILITIES.
Closing date for applications Friday 18th October 2019 – This is a 23-month programme commencing in September 2020
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)