Global Small Molecule Drug Product Development is within the Discovery, Product Development & Supply (DPDS) organization of Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson and Johnson responsible for the development of Pharmaceutical Dosage Forms. Development centers are located in the US, Asia and Europe.
For the location in Europe (Belgium, Beerse) there is a vacancy for a
(Senior) Associate Scientist Oral Solids Development with general expertise in conventional Pharmaceutical processing like Granulation, Tableting, Coating and/or enabling technologies.
The overall mission is to strengthen the capabilities for oral solid dosage forms.
Key elements of success are innovation, customer focus, teamwork, international networking and building up the scientific knowledge/expertise.
• Execute formulation and process development activities in the area of solid dosage development with broader focus on conventional and enabling technology platforms.
• Write and review characterization reports and protocols, as well as contribute and update of Current Best Practices as applicable.
• Follow-up literature (scientific and patent) in order to create new development opportunities for Pharmaceutical Development
• Ensure overall compliance with regulatory requirements, GMP and environmental health and safety.
A Bachelor in Pharmaceutical Technology or a Master or Master-Na-Master Degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Industrial Pharmacy, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or Biological, Physical or Biomedical Sciences.
Most ideally, you have at least 1 – 2 years of experience or equivalent with a demonstrated competency and experience in drug product development within the pharmaceutical industry or academically, mainly in the field of oral solid dosage form development.
• You have a broad, general knowledge in formulation and process development for solid dosage forms, i.e. scientific and technical expertise in conventional technologies such as Direct Compression, Wet Granulation and Dry Granulation.
• Hands on experience of working on different conventional technologies mentioned in above point.
• Experience with scale up and technology transfer to pilot scale and commercial manufacturing of the different manufacturing processes, including setting up DOE’s, applying scale up process modelling methodologies, mechanistically understanding the influence of the critical process parameters on the final product characteristics, statistics etc is desirable.
• Experience with implementation of state-of-the-art technologies and principles in the development of robust and marketable dosage forms, determining critical quality attributes, critical parameters and critical material attributes is desirable.
• Experience working within GMP requirements, implementing and maintaining high quality standards for all aspects of the work conducted including adherence to regulatory GMP, departmental, and safety guidelines.
• Track record in writing skills, scientific papers, development reports, protocols, etc.
• You are able to build up a broad network within Janssen as well as externally, academics, CRO’s, etc.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we
consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part
of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our
day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various
projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure
we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal
opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)Job Function