Johnson & Johnson Careers
Nordic Medical Advisor – Hematology Norway
Requisition ID: 1905756938W
Johnson & Johnson is a company committed to doing good for the world. We blend Heart, Science and Ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science.
At Janssen we are working toward a New Paradigm in Oncology
One of the innovative ways that we approach the cancer challenge is via cancer interception. We are striving to achieve a more robust understanding of the mechanisms underlying the transition of normal cells to a pre-malignant state, with the goal of developing products capable of interrupting the carcinogenic process. Our aim is to diagnose and intercept cancer at its earliest stages, when pre-malignancies are less complex and less resistant to therapy, and patients are healthier and more likely to benefit.
Given the complexity of cancer and the fact that different cancers evolve in different ways and can take multiple forms, we don’t expect to find a one-size-fits-all approach. Rather, we are pursuing specific solutions for cancer types and subtypes targeted by our Disease Area Strongholds with a focus on those where the need – and the opportunity for impact – are greatest.
Position In Brief
We are now looking to fill a vacant position as a Nordic Medical Advisor Hematology Norway. The Medical Advisor is responsible of becoming a scientific and clinical expert on the company’s hematology portfolio and its related clinical areas and competitors. With this expertise, the Medical Advisor provides clinical and scientific support to internal and external customers in the Nordic countries with focus on the Norwegian market. The internal target stakeholders include Sales & Marketing and Clinical Development and external target stakeholders are predominately the key opinion leaders.
This position will be primarily based in Norway and will report directly to the Nordic Therapeutic Area Head.
The position will require travels within the country, ca. 2-3 days/week, and presence out with customers. There is an estimation of spending a few nights away from home per month.
- Be regarded as an expert in the field of Hematology by target stakeholder groups, i.e. internal stakeholders, commercial partners, key opinion leaders and leading specialists within the therapeutic area.
- Develop clinical and technical expertise on Janssen’s Hematology portfolio and its related medical fields and competitors.
- To maximize the value of Janssen’s Hematology portfolio through high quality scientific communication with leading specialists on a peer-to-peer basis.
- Ensure high quality communication of scientific information regarding clinical trials, clinical data and products.
- Implement and coordinate clinical trial programs & activities and other research related activities
- To organize Medical Education activities including program development, speaker selection and support. Provide marketing and sales, and other internal stakeholders, with medical training, support, feedback and intelligence regarding the market environment and clinical strategies within the Hematology area.
- To support the set up and follow up of registries and other non-interventional Medical Affairs studies.
- To participate in investigator meetings, meetings related to recruitment as well as presentation of study results.
- To maintain updated knowledge about clinical activities and studies conducted within the therapeutic area in their region.
- To act as a reference point to Area Account Managers for any scientific query, in collaboration with Medical Information as appropriate.
- To provide input to Janssen’s Medical Affairs Plan.
- Give support to medical review of marketing material and regulatory texts.
- Highly skilled, goal oriented and structured with great ability to prioritize and make things happen.
- High level of self-motivation, proactive attitude, high-level of responsibility for customer needs and demands.
- Strong team player and collaborative mindset.
- Good communicator with high focus on putting the customer at the heart of the business.
- Strong commitment to create value for the Hematology community.
- High level of flexibility and the ability to quickly assimilate and digest multiple and complex information.
- Strong in building personal relationships.
- Natural authority and leadership.
- Good presentation skills.
- Doctor of Medicine or a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree within Life Science or Pharmacy, or equivalent education (required). PhD in Life Sciences is a merit.
- A minimum of 2 years of industry experience in a medical or scientific role is preferred and a merit.
- Prior clinical and/or scientific expertise, and experience in leading studies/projects in Hematology is preferred.
- Fluent spoken and written Norwegian language or one other Scandinavian language (Swedish, Danish) (required). Fluent spoken and written English (required).
- Good knowledge of the Microsoft office suite (required).
- A valid European driving license (required).
Janssen Cilag Norway (7314)
Medical Science Liaison