Johnson & Johnson Careers
Team Leader of Serology team, Clinical Immunology
Requisition ID: 1905755266W
Department: Research & Development
The Clinical Immunology department is responsible for the immunological evaluation of vaccine candidates in clinical trials. Hereto, the department executes the immunological strategy supporting the clinical development, and ensures the development, and validation of the required immunological assays, as well as the clinical sample analysis. Typical assays to determine the immunogenicity of vaccines are the antibody ELISA, T cell ELISpot, Intracellular Cytokine Staining, and virus neutralization (VNA) assays.
The responsibility of the Team Lead of the Serology Team is the management of laboratory operators, resource planning, analysis planning and on time delivery of departmental objectives. The Serology Team develops and executes assays for the analysis of clinical trial samples. Assays mainly performed are ELISA and VNA assays, although additional/ new assays are regularly assessed and developed. The required activities must be executed, documented and reported according to Good Clinical Laboratory Practice (GCLP) quality requirements. The team lead will drive a continuous improvement and process excellence culture, where every team member is empowered to drive positive change in collaboration with the other team lead, and other key stakeholders within the department, such as the laboratory head and Scientists.
- Line management of the Operators (Technicians) within the team e.g. goal setting, talent development and performance management of the Operators, and hiring of new technicians
- Supervise the planning of the day-to-day tasks of the Operators, as well as provide mid to long term planning toward completion of relevant departmental objectives.
- Provide guidance and coaching to staff for personal development
- Continuous improvement of group related processes
- Experience in line management required
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a matrix team are equally important as independent planning and execution of tasks
- Flexible working attitude, a can-do mentality and the ability to work independently
- Strong focus on commitments, quality and timelines
- Proactive in identifying opportunities to provide, mentoring and training to the team
Specific professional/technical requirements:
- Education: HLO, Master or equivalent level
- Languages: English and preferably also Dutch
- Specific Knowledge: Scientific Organizational skills
- Experience: Minimally five years’ experience as Technician or comparable level
- Other: Management skills, communication skills
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)