Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Scientist Drug Chemistry
Requisition ID: 1905755152W
With $81.6 billion in 2018 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, pharmaceuticals and medical devices. The Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson conduct research and development in a variety of therapeutic areas to discover novel therapeutic approaches to address unmet medical conditions. Janssen has a rich portfolio of small and large molecules, as well as vaccines, driven by strong science and innovation.
In order to further strengthen the scientific teams working on our small molecule’s portfolio, we are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced Drug Chemist:
- The Center of Excellence for Predictive Analytical and Stability Sciences (PASS), Analytical Development is recruiting candidates with a strong background in organic chemistry. The team’s main activities focus on the chemical characterization and chemical stability profiling of Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients and Drug Products through drug chemistry. As a result of these endeavors, drug candidates are accelerated through the development pipeline by ensuring the chemical stability behavior of novel molecules is fully understood. The team provides support to the Discovery, Development and Commercial organizations
The Janssen campus in Beerse (Belgium) hosts 5,000 employees and has a unique ecosystem covering the complete drug development life cycle, with all capabilities from basic science to market access on one campus. The integrated environment of our campus gives our people the chance to experience many different aspects of drug development throughout their career. It has a successful track record of over sixty years of drug discovery and development, and it is one of the most important innovation engines of the Janssen group worldwide.
- Organic chemistry or Chemical Engineering background
- Strong track record of achievements in the synthesis of complex molecules and/or synthetic methodology development, with deep knowledge of modern synthetic & analytical techniques is required.
- Experience in Pharmaceutical Industry is a plus
Experience and Skills
- Consistent track record of scientific excellence and successful research in organic and drug chemistry
- Passionate to work in the lab and able to perform chemical experiments in state-of-the-art analytical laboratories
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in problem solving
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, fluent in English both verbal and in writing
- Good soft skills, willing to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner suggesting alternative solutions for existing problems
- Strong knowledge in the set-up, execution and interpretation of forced degradation studies to assess molecular stability, aid analytical method development, support of stability studies and formulation design, troubleshooting and investigations.
- Structure elucidation of small molecules by mass spectrometry: identify potential degradants identified by forced degradation experiments with high resolution mass spectrometry.
- Ability to propose potential control strategies in drug development
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of researchers and show willingness to learn/explore new techniques (for example EPR spectroscopy, electrochemistry, UV/VIS spectroscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, CAD)
- Oligonucleotide and/or peptide chemistry knowledge is a plus
- An exciting position in an international and dynamic environment with continuous learning and growth opportunities
- An attractive remuneration package with additional benefit packages (for example hospital insurance, and other health care incentives if applicable)
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)