Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head of Reputation & Issues Communications, J&J Medical Devices Asia Pacific
Requisition ID: 1905754226W
At Johnson & Johnson we blend heart, science and ingenuity to profoundly change the trajectory of health for humanity. In Asia Pacific we have been working to solve the health needs of the community for over 80 years. With a presence across the region, unique research capabilities, manufacturing sites, community programs and strong partnerships we are committed to addressing the unmet needs of patients and consumers across the countries we serve.
Engaging the community, media, health care professionals, industry and government stakeholders is critical to this effort. The Asia Pacific Head of Reputation & Issues Communications will support our key markets to plan, develop and implement impactful and measurable communication programs:
- Support and drive the strategic priorities of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices in Asia Pacific, to support our reputation for innovative and meaningful healthcare solutions for consumers, surgeons and patients across the region
- Develop an integrated communications plan aligns against our “True North” - that drives sector market growth and cross sector reputational improvement as Johnson & Johnson.
- Be the storytelling champion – proactively develop impactful stories that create meaningful and emotional connection. Showcase the impact we have in our communities, with our customers, patients and the good we do in the service of our region
- Position Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices in Asia Pacific as the employer of choice, including via diversity and CSR programs and as a healthy workplace
- Proactively address issues and crisis management with best in class processes and proactive planning and responses
- Work with business, policy stakeholders and industry associations to support communications in the development of public health, policy and regulatory frameworks
- Drive strong relationships and understanding key media and influencers, identify key market trends and develop specific message platforms for external influencers
- Support and serve the sector business and comms team to work as a united team on key programs
- Work with the regional and global communications teams, including global corporate affairs and media relations on key matters relating to reputation
- Successfully work across the business teams to present the interests of the entire Johnson & Johnson Company with one voice
This role will work with aspects of the Johnson & Johnson business and functional stakeholders including Government Affairs, Regulatory Affairs, Quality, Legal, Human Resources, Medical Affairs and Public Health.
With a with a focus on best in class engagement, the role demands fluency in high impact press, influencer and social communications, media relations, crisis/issues management and reputation management. The role requires the ability to articulate the areas of highest value to the business and lead a plan based on detailed stakeholder mapping, economic analysis, expert level public policy expertise and business strategy.
The individual must have a proven track recording of high impact story development, reputation leadership, successful placement and be considered a subject matter expert in communications to be able to both produce and direct world class programs. They will be able to proactively anticipate issues and opportunities and have extensive experience in training executives in preparation for high impact presentations, interviews and issues. They will have experience in cohesive brand storytelling and cross enterprise narrative building to an external audience.
The successful person will be able to influence in a complex organization and demonstrate a high level of personal accountability to outcomes.
- Vision and leadership
- Strategic thinking
- A commitment and track record of developing other leaders (in and outside of the function)
- Excellent interdependent partnering skills
- Personal integrity & Credo-based values
- Courage to take risks, make tough calls
- Sense of urgency/Prioritize tasks
- Drive to take personal ownership and accountability for results
- High degree of comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to see big picture and address details
- Desire/ability to motivate and empower others toward goals
- Championship of diversity in all aspects, including thinking
- Record of putting interest of the enterprise above own
- Willingness to learn from others
- Ability to influence
- Expertise in obtaining, analyzing and synthesizing information
- Superior writing, editing and oral presentation skills for a broad range of target audiences
- Excellent listening and critical reasoning skills
- Creativity in developing options and solutions
- Deep understanding of public perceptions
- Superior ability to deal with complex, ambiguous and contradictory situations
- Understanding of new media/communications approaches
- Ability to plan and execute communication campaigns for products, categories, and public affairs issues
CORE COMMUNICATION COMPETENCIES
- Writing, editing, presentation skills, critical reasoning, external perspective, strategic/innovative communication, organizational/corporate protocol
- Product/market knowledge
- Business leadership
- Healthcare environment
SPECIALIZED COMMUNICATION COMPETENCIES
- Organizational communication
- Marketing communications
- External communications
- Emerging media
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONAL SKILLS
- Product/Market Knowledge: Understands the customer, product and market to effectively develop and deliver communications.
- Business Leadership: Demonstrates knowledge of business complexities and acts as strategic partner to leverage power of communication to drive business.
- Health Care Environment: Demonstrates knowledge of the AP health care environment and related legal, regulatory and policy requirements.
- Reputation Management: Demonstrates the ability to build public trust and enhance the reputation of the business.
- Organizational Communication: Understands business strategy. Leverages internal communication process to convey messages and influence employees to inform engage and align.
- External Communication: Understands the importance of maintaining a good corporate reputation and exhibits skill in interacting with news media regarding disclosure, business information, issues, products, and promotions.
- 10+ years of communication experience is required.
- Direct experience in leading high impact, multi country programs to media and key stakeholders.
- Exceptional writing ability and proven expertise in executive communication, including speechwriting and presentation development is required.
- Extensive knowledge of health care industry is preferred.
- The candidate must understand how traditional and social media work, and excel at developing productive relationships with key stakeholders. Strong working knowledge of news and social media is required.
- The candidate should have extensive and holistic crisis/issues management experience.
- Must have excellent listening and critical reasoning skills; creativity in developing options and solutions; deep understanding of the media’s perspectives and operations; superior ability to deal with complex, ambiguous and contradictory situations and an interest and understanding of new media/communications approaches.
- Experience in attracting, leading and developing a talented team is necessary.
- Proven ability to select and efficiently manage agencies/consultants is required. Must have the ability to navigate in a highly decentralized, collaborative work environment, to influence, align and deliver on strategic and tactical topics, at all levels of the organization and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism or other related area is required; a related advanced degree is preferred. Experience as a journalist, or in an NGO, government agency, public relations/public affairs agency, or related area also desirable.
- Fluency in English, both, oral and written, is required. Knowledge of other languages in the region is a plus.
- The candidate should be comfortable with some business travel within Asia Pacific as well as occasional regional/global travel.
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)