Johnson & Johnson Careers
Graduate Automation Engineer
Requisition ID: 1905754178W
At Johnson & Johnson you can build a career with a purpose that makes a difference. Cutting-edge science, digital technology and new ways of thinking are improving how people are cared for around the globe, and we are at the forefront. We are the world’s most broadly-based global healthcare business, with more than 275 companies in 60 countries, and our companies touch all aspects of human health, from consumer products to pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from
Personal development and effectiveness training
Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Ireland, located in Castletroy, Limerick, produces a world leading range of contact lenses. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilisation systems.
The successful candidates will join a team focused on supporting manufacturing within the Engineering department. This team ensures all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and the support of day to day operations. This position will provide project experience on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and may also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Johnson & Johnson sites.
Key Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Development of machine design control systems including servo motion and high-speed device integration.
- Develop, test and install PLC and control software as part of a highly automated, high volume 24/7 validated production environment
- Develop Functional and Detailed Design Specifications from User Requirement Specifications
- Develop high quality PLC and HMI code from Functional and Detailed Design Specifications
- Participates within project teams, provide technical support and make informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Fault-find complex automation equipment
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of code to Medical Device standards
- Prioritize multiple tasks while working to tight schedules
- Develop machine control software involving servo pneumatic and data control.
- Participate among cross-functional teams to ensure projects are delivered on time and to required quality standards.
- Develop, debug and validate Control System software programs
- Analyse, understand, fault-find and modify automation software
- Recent Graduate (2019 or due to graduate in 2020). Must hold a minimum of a third-level degree Bachelor’s degree in Automation engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
- Skilled in the use of problem-solving tools/techniques an advantage
- Good understanding of servo motor closed loop control systems and process PID control
- Advanced knowledge of logical and sequence control and Robot control systems.
- Ability to approach projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDER’S RESPONSIBILITIES.
Closing date for applications Friday 18th October 2019 – This is a 23-month programme commencing in September 2020
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)