Vistakon Ireland is located in Limerick and produces the Acuvue range of contact lenses which is the leading contact lens product in the world. Our Limerick site uses the most advanced technology in the industry and we now employ over 900 people directly. Using our highly automated production process, we produce daily disposable contact lenses while utilizing state of the art technologies such as injection moulding, robotics, vision systems and sterilization systems.
Vistakon Ireland was established in 1995 in the National Technology Park close to the University of Limerick. The facility was originally fitted with six advanced production lines to manufacture one daily disposable contact lens for the European and Japanese markets. Since then we have expanded a number of times and now have over 38 production lines manufacturing over 8 million one-day, fortnightly, monthly and cosmetic contact lenses per day which are shipped worldwide.
Vistakon is accredited by Engineers Ireland as being among the companies in Ireland that adhere to best practices in continuing professional development (CPD). This fits with the company’s commitment to give all its employees opportunities for professional development and advancement.
Each year, we have increased output because of the increase demand for our Acuvue lenses throughout the world. Continued expansion of our product lines utilizing latest advanced Manufacturing Technology and extensive NPI, engineering and retrofit projects ensure that this growth is sustained well into the future.
We are looking for someone with passion for equipment and automation with a strong background in systematic problem solving and data analysis techniques.
Previous experience with Equipment OEE Performance Improvement is Required.
You will be a key contributor of multiple projects within cross-functional teams.
This role is recognized within the organization as being of key strategic importance in terms of enabling the business to remain competitive and grow market share.
You will be responsible for providing technical and leadership with specific ownership for the following:
- Equipment Design and Development and Performance Improvement Roadmaps
- Technology Roadmap Development
- New Equipment and Product Introduction
- Perform planning, development, facilitation of design and installation of high volume Manufacturing equipment, systems and processes.
- Engage with the appropriate personnel in the identification and resolution of Corrective/Preventative actions to address Safety, Quality, Technical, and Manufacturing issues
- Project Management and co-ordination of Multiple Projects in parallel in a matrix environment.
- Min. qualification of Level 8 B.Eng. Honours Degree in Mechanial Engineering
- Ideally +7 years of Engineering Experience in a fully automated high-volume manufacturing environment. (design, installation, commissioning and validation)
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)