Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905751748W
Based at our European site (Belgium, Beerse) we have a vacancy for a Post-doc in Biopharmaceutics in the Pharmaceutical Sciences department.
As a post-doc in Biopharmaceutics, your overall mission is to apply innovation in the in silico and in vitro toolbox to strengthen our knowledge of the biopharmaceutical properties of API and drug products, ensuring optimal in vivo performance.
- Implement innovation in the Biopharmaceutics 'toolbox' used for the selection and development of the drug products in the portfolio (early and late stage development), with focus on:
- In vitro biopharmaceutical profiling techniques (e.g. solubility, dissolution, precipitation, gastro-intestinal stability)
- API and drug product physico-chemical characterization (e.g. in silico, in vitro and in vivo product performance considerations) in function of targeted PK profile, route of administration and drug delivery system.
- drug absorption and disposition modeling techniques (e.g. GastroPlus, SimCyp, MatLab) to build mechanistic absorption models, as well as to guide experimental designs and specifications for API and formulation.
- Keep track of scientific innovations in biopharmaceutics via cross-academia/industry working groups (local and global) and implement novel and world class development standards in biopharmaceutics.
- As a member of the project biopharm teams contribute to the development and biopharmaceutic understanding of APIs and their formulations
- Writing and reviewing reports, including relevant documentation to support the development of drug products
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders including Discovery Sciences, Preclinical DMPK, Non-Clinical Safety, Clinical Pharmacology, Regulatory Affairs, API, Drug Product Development and Analytical Development.
- Work in a multidisciplinary team of scientists.
- Master or Doctorate (Ph.D.) in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry, Biology, Engineering or related science with relevant industrial experience in biopharmaceutics.
- Relevant hands on experience with in vitro biopharmaceutics (e.g. biorelevant solubility and dissolution testing, …) and/or modeling of drug absorption and disposition (Gastroplus/Simcyp), or prepared to build this experience
- Sound knowledge of API physico-chemistry, drug absorption/disposition principles, formulation optimization, pharmacokinetics, and mechanistic design.
- Highly motivated, with excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication, and collaborative skills while demonstrating a high degree of personal accountability.
- Highly effective team player who can work in a matrix organization to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written) with excellent scientific writing skills.
- Team player, dynamic, stress resistant, innovative and flexible.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)