Johnson & Johnson Careers
Solid State Selection and Characterization Scientist
Requisition ID: 1905751561W
Pharmaceutical Sciences is a department of Small Molecule Pharmaceutical Development (SMPD) within Discovery, Product Development and Supply (DPDS). Within the department resides the Solid State Sciences and Characterization group, responsible for:
Developability assessment of Discovery portfolio leads
Definition of the drug product trajectory
Solid state form selection for the drug substance
Characterization of Drug Substance, Raw materials and Drug Product
You will be a member of the ‘solid state selection and characterization’ group. You will provide input and perform experiments in view of solid state selection for a number of projects in our portfolio. You work out and execute an experimental plan to mitigate risks/gaps related to the selected solid state form towards the formulation process. You make sure all needed documentation for filing/registration is available in a timely manner and is correct.
You interact with internal stakeholders and work with them in cross-functional Drug Product Development, Analytical Development and Chemical Development teams.
You provide guidance and support to the Crystallization Technology Unit in the development of crystallization processes.
You design and set up form screens and experiments in order to understand relationships (conversion mechanisms) and stability of different polymorphic forms.
You have the aspiration to expand your solid expertise in a number of analytical techniques (i.e., thermal analysis, spectroscopy, X-ray diffraction, DVS).
- Master Degree in Engineering or in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemistry (analytical/organic), Physics, or a related science.
- 2+ years of experience and good knowledge in at least one of the following areas: such as crystallization, solid state characterization techniques or form selection
- You have good project management skills as well as communication skills (oral and written) allowing effective interactions with all levels of the organization.
- You are a team player, able to collaborate with different departments and with colleagues from the solid state selection group.
- You like to work in the lab.
- Fluent English (both spoken and written), willing to learn basics of Dutch language.
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)