Johnson & Johnson Careers
Graduate Engineer - Cork
Requisition ID: 1905751225W
Cutting-edge science, digital technology and new ways of thinking are improving how people are cared for around the globe, and we are at the forefront. We are the world’s most broadly-based global healthcare business, with more than 275 companies in 60 countries, and our companies touch all aspects of human health, from consumer products to pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
About the Johnson & Johnson Graduate Programme
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
The Successful Candidate will receive:
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from
Personal development and effectiveness training
Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
We are currently looking for Graduate Engineers in our New Product Innovation and Manufacturing Departments within DePuy Synthes and Janssen Sciences Ireland.
DePuy Synthes, located in Ringaskiddy, Cork, is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive Orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies will offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of Joint Reconstruction, Trauma, Spine, Sports Medicine, Neurological, Craniomaxillofacial, Power Tools and Biomaterials.
Janssen Sciences Ireland UC, also located in Ringaskiddy is dedicated to addressing and solving medical needs, including oncology, haematology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
You will join a team focused on supporting manufacturing and or New Production Innovation within the Engineering department. This team ensures all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and the support of day to day operations. This position will provide project experience on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and may also include liaison with outside suppliers and other Johnson & Johnson sites.
Your Key Responsibilities May Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Supporting our business with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology
- Driving process improvements/capacity increases through new technology/equipment introductions
- Working with all departments in ensuring operational effectiveness and developing product quality for business continuity and process/product introductions.
- Working with the various departments/groups in development and execution of validation activities associated with new equipment
- Provide ideas and solutions for the improvement and development of control systems
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Preparation and project management of line moves/ transfers including supporting documentation.
- Participates in project teams and provides technical support.
- Ensure that all activity is carried out in accordance with both internal and external Health and Safety and Environmental standards for both new and existing installations.
- Works with manager / team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Monitor and analyze opportunities for the development of new or improved tools for process improvement activities.
Education and Experience:
- Recent Graduate (2019 or due to graduate in 2020). Will hold a minimum of a third-level degree in a Mechanical/Production/Manufacturing/Quality Engineering related discipline
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve result
- Skilled in the use of problem-solving tools/techniques an advantage
Key Skills and Competencies Required:
- Ability to approach projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate both collaboratively and independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDER’S RESPONSIBILITIES.
Closing date for applications Friday 18th October 2019 – This is a 23-month role commencing in September 2020
Depuy (Ireland) Limited (7386)