Johnson & Johnson Careers
Graduate Assistant Scientist
Requisition ID: 1905751143W
Cutting-edge science, digital technology and new ways of thinking are improving how people are cared for around the globe, and we are at the forefront. We are the world’s most broadly-based global healthcare business, with more than 275 companies in 60 countries, and our companies touch all aspects of human health, from consumer products to pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
The Graduate Programme is a collaborative programme across the Johnson & Johnson Campus Ireland Sites
- An opportunity to develop relevant technical skills within their area of expertise
- Cross functional exposure both on site and within Campus Ireland
- Regular one to ones and feedback from programme manager
Personal development and effectiveness training
Skills development in influencing & communication
- Project and Project Management experience
- Introduction to new and innovative technologies
- Exposure to Senior Management Team
Janssen Sciences Ireland, based in Ringaskiddy, Cork is dedicated to addressing and solving medical needs, including oncology, haematology, immunology, neuroscience, infectious disease and cardiovascular and metabolic diseases.
This position will be focused executing analytical methods in the release and stability testing of the large molecule clinical pipeline. In addition to testing to testing the individual will be responsible for the resolution of product related issues.
The role is based in BioTherapeutics Development Analytical Development Cork (BioTD-AD Cork); a department responsible for Tox release testing, clinical release and stability testing for drug substance and drug product and stability management of the large molecule (therapeutic proteins) portfolio. In addition to clinical release & stability activities BioTD-AD Cork ais responsible for analytical support for large molecules through troubleshooting, investigations, manufacturing support and analytical method transfer.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Routine release and stability testing such as Bioassays, HPLC, cSDS, cIEF or process impurity testing for pre-clinical and clinical product development.
- Completion of documentation in adherence to GMP.
- Testing to support assay validation/qualification and other studies.
- Laboratory support activities (e.g. reagent qualification), routine passaging of cell lines and general housekeeping.
- Support other projects as assigned, e.g. Continuous improvement, automation and operational excellence
- Support troubleshooting and investigations.
- Perform Data Trending to support investigations, demonstrate method capability and product profile.
- Write SOP’s, protocols, work instructions and training modules.
Education and Experience:
- Recent Graduate (2019 or due to graduate in 2020). Must hold a minimum of a third-level degree in a Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Pharmacy or related scientific field.
- Capable of working within a project team to achieve results
- Skilled in the use of problem-solving tools/techniques an advantage
- Mechanical/Technical aptitude
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability self-motivate and operate independently
- Customer focused
- Innovative and quick thinking
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDER’S RESPONSIBILITIES.
Closing date for applications Friday 18th October 2019 – This is a 23-month programme that commences in September 2020
Janssen R&D Ireland (7566)