Johnson & Johnson Careers
Legal Director Medical Device Group Benelux
Requisition ID: 1905750807W
Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices Group (“J&J MD”) produces a broad range of innovative products and solutions in the fields of orthopaedics, surgical oncology, general surgery, neurosurgery & neurological disease, cardiovascular disease, vision and aesthetics. In addition, J&J MD is a provider of educational, patient pathway, hospital logistic, surgical excellence and financing optimization services.
This role will provide legal support to J&J Medical Devices Belux and Netherlands, and will be based at the company’s offices in Diegem, Belgium whilst being sufficiently present in the Amersfoort offices as well. The successful candidate will receive support and assistance in transitioning into the new role from his/her supervisor and other senior EMEA colleagues.
- Board Attorney of J&J Medical Belgium and J&J Medical Netherlands, advising each country’s Leadership Team and Senior Management on the key business strategies, including new Go-To-Market and new business models
- Support the Sales & Marketing organization of each of the different franchises of Johnson & Johnson Medical in Belgium and the Netherlands (ie. Ethicon, Depuy-Synthes, Biosense-Webster, Mentor, Ceronovus, J&J Surgical Vision and Visioncare) and help execute the business strategy in a flawless and ethical way
- Develop innovative partnerships with strategic customers. Draft and negotiate contracts to support the implementation of innovative new contracting models.
- Advise on Competition Law questions, specifically in relation to the commercial policy, advanced pricing models and structures, distributors, participation of employees to Trade Associations, new business deals
- Engage in the External Environment (including Trade Associations) and advise on relevant legal and regulatory developments impacting the medical devices field
- Engage in training and education efforts including case study-based training to key account and sales managers
- Provide legal support relating to local integration of any newly acquired businesses.
- Contracts with Health Care Professionals and other customers.
- Support healthcare compliance office and other functions (Quality, Finance, Regulatory, Health Economics and Market Access etc.) with legal advice
- Liaise with and manage Outside Counsel in Benelux and coordinate budgets with the business
- Drive and coordinate litigation (eg product liability claims and commercial competition litigation) in collaboration with colleagues in the Law Department and Outside Counsel
- Coordinate government/criminal inquiries and investigations with local and corporate stakeholders
- Anticipate and address critical legal, business and ethical issues.
- In general, function as a point of contact for all legal matters arising in MD Benelux.
- Fluency in Dutch, French and English, both oral and written
- At least 8 years of relevant legal experience.
- Broad-based commercial experience.
- Solid experience in drafting and negotiating complex agreements.
- Experience or strong interest in the healthcare sector.
- Exposure to senior management of a large corporation
- Good knowledge of competition law, able to spot relevant issues.
- Can do mindset
- Willingness to invest time to get acquainted and regularly discuss business and legal strategies with the Dutch team (ie. at least 20% of time dedicated to meetings in the Netherlands- Amersfoort)
- Previous experience of working with or in large and/or complex (e.g. matrix) organizations
- Experience or interest in commercialization of (digital) solutions and services
- Good understanding of GDPR, privacy legislation, corruption legislation, innovative public procurement
- Digital health and disruptive technologies, such as Artificial Intelligence, cybersecurity and privacy-related matters, product development and licensing
Candidates should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Easy to approach, fast learning, strong coaching and influencing skills
- Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction.
- Business Oriented - ability to proactively engage with business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions and contribute to compliant growth for the business.
- Judgment capability, business consultative skills, and structural thinking process.
- Ability to work independently and effectively across all levels of a matrixed organization.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
- Comfortable working as part of different teams and keen to interact with diverse group of people and different business units.
- Objective thinker who is comfortable to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to drive high ethical, legal and compliance standards
- Comfortable to engage in discussions of new business models and approaches.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and to simplify issues for clients
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to speak up, present and actively participate in business and legal discussions.
- Good self-awareness, constructive mindset, eager to seek and get feed-back.
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)