Johnson & Johnson Careers
Engineer within Young Graduate R&D Program H/F
Requisition ID: 1905750571W
Caring for the world, one person at a time... inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Johnson & Johnson is the largest and most broadly-based healthcare company in the world. We’re producing life-changing breakthroughs every day and have been for the last 130 years.
Cutting-edge science, digital technology and new ways of thinking are improving how people are cared for around the globe, and we are at the forefront. We are the world’s most broadly-based global healthcare business, with more than 275 companies in 60 countries, and our companies touch all aspects of human health, from consumer products to pharmaceuticals and medical devices. Through them, we forge new frontiers and blow through walls to create breakthrough solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges to help people live longer, healthier and happier lives.
Johnson & Johnson offers graduate program within our Consumer business based in our EMEA R&D center in Val de Reuil, Normandy (between Paris & Rouen), FRANCE. For this program we are recruiting a
Engineer within Young Graduate R&D Program H/F
During this program you will have the opportunity to develop yourself and your skill set through a rotational program (duration of the program 3 years & 1 rotation every year) that you will include spending time learning about different aspects of Consumer R&D. The functional rotation could include (not exhaustive opportunities):
- Engineered Solutions Modeling
- Deployment (Technology Transfer)
- Engineered Solutions Data Science
The 1st rotation will be in Engineered Solutions Modeling.
Engineered Solutions Modeling - As scientist, you will oversee:
- using computational fluid dynamics and/or finite element software to efficiently participate in the design, optimization and / or troubleshooting of product, processes and test methods.
- applying fluid mechanics techniques to various fields such as manufacturing processes, packaging and / or devices design & development.
- Responsibilities involve analyzing complex physical systems, defining a simulation plan to study critical items of interest, executing the simulations.
- The candidate will work in close partnership with internal scientists & engineers (scale-up, packaging development, device development) and external partners to evaluate the technical feasibility of the simulation and run iterative analyses if need be to achieve sustainable solutions.
Deployment (Technology Transfer) - in charge of the industrialization of our cosmetics products on the EMEA market (Europe, Middle East, Africa), you will have to set up manufacturing processes that can be applied on an industrial scale.
In this context your main missions will be:
- Develop robust manufacturing processes for Skincare products (brands: Petit Marseillais, Johnson's Baby, Neutrogena, Biafine, RoC ..., all types of technology: emulsion, shower gel, ...), in accordance with our formulas and strategy of manufacturing sites.
- Lead projects of different complexities in terms of formula / manufacturing process by ensuring the interface between formulation, R & D support functions and plants.
- Coordinate R & D activities once the formula is frozen and until the Product information file.
As a data driven individual, you will work with our internal scientists and external partners to create a new business value out of existing data. By proactively fetching information from various sources and analyzing them, you will bring new answers to queries faced in R&D, apply scientific thinking and techniques to improve the performance and effectiveness of our products and processes, enable better decision-making through the usage of advanced analytics.
- Graduated within the last 2 years with a bachelor's/master's degree in engineering, physics or equivalent field.
- Candidate must have a strong background in Computational Fluid Dynamics or Finite Element Analysis, from pre-processing, analysis, to post-processing.
- Solid understanding of core concepts including mechanics, kinematics, thermodynamics, materials science etc
- Experience with Star-CCM+, Fluent, COMSOL, Solidworks 3D software packages is desirable
- Additional work experience, especially in the application of computational model in a healthcare research & development environment would be of value
- Experience in managing external collaboration will also be considered
- Fluent in English
- You must be passionate about solving R&D problems using computational models and possess collaborative mindset for effective collaboration.
- You possess good organizational, communication, writing and interpersonal skills
Please note this role will close for applications on the 15th July 2019
Johnson & Johnson Santé Beauté France SAS (7101)