Johnson & Johnson Careers
Business Quality, Specialist
Requisition ID: 1905749595W
Role – Complaints and Field Action Team Leader
Business area – Medical Devices reporting into the Business Quality Lead UK&I
Location – Leeds (Office based)
Pay grade - 25
Johnson & Johnson Medical Companies produce a broad range of creative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of orthopaedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices is designed to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
You will lead the UK & Ireland product complaint handling and field action activities related to medical devices distributed in the Local Operating Company (LOC).
- You will develop and update the complaint handling and field action procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact for receiving, processing, and reporting product questions and queries
- You will collaborate with other groups such as customer services, regulatory, sales, franchises and distribution to ensure a thorough, accurate and timely complaint investigation
- Prepares for external audits and participates in internal audits representing the complaint and field action systems
- Ensures completion of all relevant documentation is completed for complaints and field actions with the relevant systems maintained
- Oversee day-to-day activities of Quality Surveillance and action team staff, including performance management and professional development.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable quality standards & regulatory requirements, coordinating the timely and effective deployment of J&J Standards requirements in the UK/Ireland
- Drive simplification & standardization of Quality Management System (QMS) in UK/Ireland in line with company strategies & initiatives for Field action and customer complaints processes
- Establish robust processes to ensure timely recording, facilitation and completion of the customer complaints and field action processes.
- Embed QMS principles in the QS&A team & drive continuous improvement
- Build and further develop capabilities of the QS&A team to enable precise execution & good business outcomes
- Ensure BQ targets are understood by team and monitor and report performance
- Maintain current knowledge of complaints and field action processes and be the LOC’s SME
- Work to the requirements of European and national Medical Device, Pharmaceutical and Human Tissue legislation where applicable
Experience, Skills and
Skills and Abilities (Can Do Criteria):
- You will have excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Your knowledge of Medical Device & Pharmaceutical regulations will be looked on favourably
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to build partnerships internally and externally
- Change management experience and influencing and social skills
- Demonstrate Leadership behaviours expected by J&J Credo and Leadership Principals with a track record of leading or influencing teams and driving results
- B.Sc. in a Life Science or Engineering subject preferred
- Experience in a primarily quality role within a high regulated environment (preferably Pharmaceutical or Medical Device) with knowledge of healthcare regulations
- Experience of working with competent authorities and other regulators
We are passionate about our work and play vital roles across a range of professional disciplines. We care deeply about our customers and communities. At Johnson & Johnson our culture enables dynamic and impactful careers. We share a kind of DNA where we are:
- Committed to caring
- Responsible to our communities
- Ready to apply our knowledge and know-how
- Unique in our background and experiences
- The drivers of our own success
- Passionate about doing what’s right
- We actively inspire equal opportunities throughout Johnson & Johnson
If you decide to apply for the position, any personal data which you provide shall be processed by Johnson & Johnson. Your personal data shall be processed for the purposes of recruitment, recruitment policy and selection.
We respectfully request Government Officials to identify themselves as such on application; for the purposes of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)