Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905749533W
Manager Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability for Janssen Vaccines & Prevention
Environment, Health, Safety & Sustainability (EHS&S), as part of
the J&J Supply Chain, is currently recruiting for a Janssen Vaccines &
Prevention site EHS&S lead.
Location for this position is the Janssen Vaccines site in Leiden.
This manager EHS&S will manage a team seeking to optimize EHS&S resource deployment against strategic objectives and is also part of the Johnson & Johnson (J&J) Netherlands EHS&S team. This person will routinely interface with multiple internal business stakeholders including Supply Chain and R&D with the 3 other J&J Site EHS&S leads within the Netherlands. This role will also interface with external stakeholders like governmental bodies.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to the following- applying to both roles:
- Develop together with the Janssen Vaccines leadership, EHS&S objectives for the site.
- Be accountable for successful implementation of EHS&S services to local R&D and customers in support of business objectives;
- Conducts periodic performance and service satisfaction reviews with General Manager, and Site leaders;
- Creates value by driving greater efficiency and standardization in the deployment of EHS&S resources, processes, procedures and programs;
- Accountable for delivery of agreed-to site performance plan;
- Builds and manages a lean, highly competent EHS&S support team that delivers superior EHS&S services.
- Lead in- and external audits and inspections (for example ISO 14001-2015, J&J EHS&S Comprehensive Audits, governmental inspections).
- Continuously monitors all aspects of site, providing direction to the site EHS&S team. The person is part of the Janssen Vaccines Site Management Board team;
- Leads and executes administrative activities including Talent Management, Budget Management, Cost allocation, and regulatory tracking processes;
- Provides EHS&S technical assistance and support as needed across the J&J locations within the Netherlands.
- A University/Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of degree is required. Science, engineering or related EHS discipline/degree is preferred.
- Dutch degree of ‘Hogere Veiligheidskunde’ or equivalent
- A minimum of (10+ years) of progressive experience in EHS&S management, with at least 4+ years managing EHS&S programs at a Manufacturing or R&D facility is required.
- Passionated about EHS&S and able to communicate that at all levels within the organisation
- Strong leadership skills a must.
- Able to connect to the business and able to understand the business needs
- Previously demonstrated supervisory/leadership experience is required.
- An individual with the following is required: strong communicator who is credible and self-assured; strong technical skills with the ability to explain complex issues and requirements in an easily understood manner; ability to negotiate with and influence key business leaders.
- Strong compliance orientation.
- Ability to work in a matrix, team-oriented environment is required.
- Highly developed interpersonal and cross-cultural skills are required.
- Strong written and oral English communication skills are required.
- High Energy, capability to Energize others, have an Edge and have high focus on Execution.
- Passion about the role, a positive “can do” attitude.
- Language Requirements: English, Dutch
- Travel Requirements: 10 % travel, depending on business needs.
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)
Environmental Health & Safety