Johnson & Johnson Karrieren
Business Controller (m/f/d)
Requisition ID: 1905749519W
Internal Posting from 12th of June until 26th of June 2019
Janssen Germany is responsible for sales and marketing in these countries and delivers over EUR 1,1 billion.
We are currently looking for an
Business Controller (m/f/d)
As a Business Controller you will provide finance and business leadership to specified Brand/Disease teams. As finance lead within a cross-functional setting (Country Value Teams), you will play a key role in supporting, challenging and driving sales projections and investment decisions. Towards business partners, you will engender financial acumen and budgetary ownership to improve financial literacy and forecast accuracy and build trust by delivering compliant financial statements and managing risk.
In parallel, you will actively participate in regional EMEA finance projects or workstreams to help shape the finance function for the future.
As a key member of the Janssen Germany Business Unit finance team, you will contribute to an engaging, collaborative, mindful team and support in the delivery of the BU Finance vision to the Janssen Germany Operating Company. By working as One Finance Team with FP&A and Global Services, you will ensure accurate and timely recording of all actuals, Business Plan and forecast updates.
You will directly report to the Finance Director Germany.
- Leads and provides Finance Business Leadership for specified Therapeutic Areas aligned to the BU Finance Vision (Sales & OPEX)
- In collaboration with business, build robust and accurate financial forecasts and ensure timely and complete reporting according to J&J planning calendar.
- Review and validate the patient / sales models through collaboration with the business intelligence team to ensure robust assumptions and outputs are provided to the marketing teams
- On an ongoing basis, develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of risks and opportunities of the brand performance. Provide insightful analysis and commentary to actual business results and turn these insights into foresights applicable to future results.
- Independently provide financial projections for each quarterly Latest Thinking projection.
Ensure financial compliance
- Ensure compliant revenue recognition for managed entry agreements and pro-actively engage with the business on these topics ahead of market access.
- Ensure all business partners have appropriate finance knowledge to enable accurate, timely, complete and appropriate initiation of financial transactions such as: accruals, prepayments and purchase order goods receipts and are kept sufficiently informed of key finance deadlines to aid compliance to the finance timetable.
Install budget accountability in business
- Engage with the business to deliver on agreed financial targets.
- Develop, challenge and monitor appropriate resource allocation to brands and departments, aligned with brand and company strategy.
Understands the external environment and interacts with stakeholder to bring relevant insights/lenses to the decision-making process
- Active role in projects and workstreams across Business and/or regional Finance function.
- Projects enabling critical improvements within local business or finance function e.g. Secure our Supply, dynamic resource allocation, etc.
- Lead and own opco-wide processes or P&L items e.g. leading a plan cycle, T&E behavior, OI&E, …
- Projects supporting high performing finance function e.g. cross tier finance initiatives, digital (analytical) capabilities
- Analytical / strong technical accountancy expertise
- Strategic thinking with commercial focus
- High degree of intellectual curiosity and ability to drive outcomes
- Strong collaborative, communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to build trust amongst business leaders and finance colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to influence business partners with fact-based data
- High-level perspective and an eye for detail.
- Team player across levels, functions and reporting lines
- Thrives in a dynamic business environment, willing to learn and understand new business opportunities
- University Degree – in the field of Applied/Business Economics or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years’ experience as business controller
- English fluency
- Project management skills
- MS Excel proficiency, and experienced with SAP ERP and BW
- Pharmaceutical experience required
- Further Controlling related educations could be an advantage
Janssen-Cilag Germany (8000)