Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Legal Counsel
Requisition ID: 1905747945W
Johnson & Johnson’s Medical Devices Group (“J&J MD”) produces a broad range of innovative products and solutions in the fields of orthopaedics, surgical oncology, general surgery, neurosurgery & neurological disease, cardiovascular disease, vision and aesthetics. In addition, J&J MD is a provider of educational, patient pathway, hospital logistic, surgical excellence and financing optimization services.
This role will provide legal support to the following two regional groups of J&J MD business: the EMEA Services & Solutions and EMEA Strategic Capabilities teams. The successful candidate will be based at the company’s offices in Diegem (Brussels), Belgium. The successful candidate will report into the Sr. Legal Director EMEA Services & Solutions and Strategic Capabilities who also works out of Diegem. Working as a close team, you will collaborate to offer legal, strategic and transactional support to your internal clients and business partners.
- Provide day to day legal support to the EMEA Services & Solutions and EMEA Strategic Capabilities team of J&J MD business, with a main focus on:
- advising on go-to-market models and commercial strategies for new, scalable services and (digital) solutions;
- assisting with any type of contracting queries (low and high risk, low and high complexity);
- act as a member of the integrated deal team dedicated to our international (EMEA) strategic accounts;
- advise and assist the business and Procurement department with negotiations and contracting with strategic external partners of the Services and Solutions group;
- provide training and education to legal and business teams on innovative contracting;
- Be a role model on ethical and inclusive leadership in a large, regulated (US-stock exchange listed) multinational.
- Law degree, LL.M. from US or UK university considered a plus.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, and at least fluent in one other main European language (French or German considered a plus).
- At least 5-7 years of relevant legal and transactional experience (eg. complex commercial transactions, joint ventures, public-private partnerships, exposure to technology and healthcare sector).
- Strong business acumen, experience with negotiations and advising senior management of large and medium size corporations
- Strong competition law, public procurement law but also finance, compliance, tax and regulatory reflexes (no specialist knowledge)
- Willing to travel (on average 25% of your time)
Candidates should also possess the following skills and capabilities:
- Easy to approach, fast learning, strong coaching and influencing skills
- Self-starter with strong drive for results & strong sense of ownership but also willing to take direction.
- Business Oriented - ability to proactively engage with business to find practical solutions and partner with them to implement desired actions and contribute to compliant growth for the business.
- Judgment capability, business consultative skills, and structural thinking process.
- Ability to work independently and effectively across all levels of a matrixed organization.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to counsel senior management on complex legal matters.
- Comfortable working as part of different teams and keen to interact with diverse group of people and different business units.
- Objective thinker who is comfortable to advance ideas and influence others.
- Ability to manage conflicts in an open and constructive manner.
- Able to drive high ethical, legal and compliance standards
- Comfortable to engage in discussions on new business models and approaches.
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and to simplify issues for clients
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills. Ability to speak up, present and actively participate in business and legal discussions.
- Good self-awareness, constructive mindset, eager to seek and get feed-back.
Johnson & Johnson NCB (7547)