Johnson & Johnson Careers
PostDoc Medical Informatics
Requisition ID: 1905747928W
Janssen-Cilag EMEA is looking for an outstanding and self-motivated [post-doctoral] data scientist/analyst to participate in the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) – Europe’s largest public-private initiative aiming to speed up the development of better and safer medicines for patients. See https://www.imi.europa.eu/content/mission. As part of our commitment to IMI, Janssen is committed to supporting the Big Data for Better Outcomes (BD4BO) initiative. Janssen is co-leading on a number of work packages within the haematological malignancies project (HARMONY) and European Health Data and Evidence Network (EHDEN).
Working as part of an international consortium with both leading industrial & academic partners your responsibilities will include:
- Support the coordination, harmonization and management of heterogeneous datasets.
- Engaging with biology and medical scientists and data analysts from both Janssen and partner organizations in specific research projects to understand their research problem and advise of knowledge management best practice, including infrastructure setup, data harmonization and data analysis.
- Align with scientists from other IMI projects such as eTricks, Aetionomy, ROADS, EPAD, EMIF, etc to find synergies and collaboration paths.
- A minimum of a PhD in biostatistics/bioengineering/data sciences/statistics , Epidemiology, Health Economics, Public Health, or Computer Science or similar is required
- Knowledge and expertise with frameworks for structured and unstructured data e,g. Hadoop, Spark, RDBMS, non -relational databases
- Proficiency in one or more statistical programming (e.g. SAS, Matlab, R, Python, Julia, SPSS), machine learning, data visualization and statistical modeling languages is required.
- Experience in handling large and/or complex healthcare datasets is recommended
- An understanding of clinical trial design, and appreciation of epidemiologic research methods, health economics and outcomes research is preferred.
- Familiarity with clinical data and standards, such as CDISC, SnomedCT, UML
- Good communication skills, team player
- Willing to travel within EuropeWhat’s in it for you…?“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously. As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility. Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth. Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)
Business Relationship Management