Johnson & Johnson Careers
Head of HEMA APAC
Requisition ID: 1905747734W
Health Economics & Market Access Center of Excellence (COE)
The Health Economics & Market Access (HEMA) Lead is a key position within the COE and will work to support the business objectives of their region with direct responsibility for Ethicon Franchise and oversight of the regional and local team serving all the Business Units and Platforms. The ASPAC HEMA Lead will work with Global HEMA COE and regional business stakeholders to build and execute regional market access market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success.
The ASPAC HEMA Regional and Ethicon Franchise Lead will work in close collaboration with partners in Regional Leadership Team and Regional Marketing to ensure a competitive advantage & market access in a value-based healthcare market. He/she will be developing and executing systematic strategies that integrate health economics, outcomes research, & market access solutions to enable successful new products launches in the region. This position will sit on the HEMA regional Center of Excellence (COE) leadership team reporting directly to the WW Head of Global HEMA. The position will also have a dotted line into the regional head of Ethicon.
He/she will also collaborate with global HEMA teams to identify healthcare systems opportunities and potential barriers to access in the region for products in the pipeline and to ensure that the appropriate regional inputs are included into all Global EGS and HEMA strategies.
POSITION DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for setting the overall HEMA strategy for the Region, including all strategic and business planning as well as the development, management and tracking of Regional HEMA G&Os and budgets. Partners at the regional level to align on priorities and resourcing for business objectives across all Business units and Platforms.
- Ensure market access requirements are understood and built-in to the regional and country-specific launch plans with value propositions that reflect the needs of non-clinical stakeholders and the development and execution post launch with evidence of value and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success.
- Lead and direct regional and country-level HEMA teams (inclusive of 25+ individuals) across the region. Develop and execute regional organizational and talent strategy, optimizing the recruitment, retention and development of diverse talent.
- Accountable for leading and executing the HEMA strategy for the Ethicon Franchise in the region. Develop life-cycle management strategies (including pricing initiatives) for priority product for the region. Collaborate with Franchise HEMA regional global functions to ensure early assessment of opportunities to fill data gas and drive optimal patient access and reimbursement.
- Lead regional and Ethicon Franchise market access and evidence generation and dissemination strategies.
- Successful candidate will work closely across HEMA as well as with multiple cross functional partners, including R&D, Medical Affairs, Clinical Development, Marketing, Regulatory Affairs, Government Affairs, Legal, HCC and relevant Commercial functions.
- Develops and maintains strategic relationships with key external stakeholder to influence the development of reimbursement/funding/HTA processes in local healthcare systems. May develop regional payer advisory boards for non-clinical stakeholders and shares output.
- Take a leadership role in relevant industry association special interest groups, identifying opportunities and threats associated with changes in health policy in ASPAC.
- Travel – 30 - 50 %
Required Leadership experience:
Think Horizontally, Think Solution
- Must resolutely position and promote a new way of governing HEMA-orientated decisions to deliver an enterprise-wide, cross-business, solution-oriented value proposition
Influence Change without Authority
- Must influence the ASPAC RLT to support new health economic & market access models and enthusiastically participate in delivering solutions
Modeled Credo Values and the Leadership Imperatives of:
- Connect: Develop deep insights into the needs of our patients, customers, markets and communities.
- Lead: Create an environment where leadership and talent development are top priority
- Shape: Drive innovation; anticipate and shape industry and market changes to advance health care globally
- Deliver: Deliver results by inspiring and mobilizing people and teams
Functional and Technical Competencies
- HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT ACUMEN - Deep knowledge of regional evidence requirements that impact reimbursement and market access required. In depth understanding of medical delivery systems, reimbursement, market access conditions and health policy trends in all local regional markets.
- ANALYTICAL SKILLS - Required skills include health services research, health economics, outcomes research. Deep market access, health policy and reimbursement skill set in regions with accountability. Coding, coverage and pricing skill set. Deep HTA knowledge and experience in HTA negotiations.
- BUSINESS ACUMEN - The ability to apply an understanding of the JJ Medical Device portfolio of products, services, and therapeutic areas and a broad understanding of J&J to assess business strengths and weaknesses and make strategic decisions.
- COMMUNICATION & PRESENTATION – Excellent communication skills and ability to build and maintain relationships at all levels in the organization and with external customers. Advanced written & verbal skill set required. Ability to communicate to senior leaders (internal & external) and to both technical & non-technical audiences
- STAKEHOLDER MANAGEMENT - The ability to understand the expectations, future needs, and motivations of external and internal stakeholders to build collaborative relationships across the organization in region.
- MATRIX ENVIRONMENT - Effectively manage in a matrix environment and demonstrate influence capabilities. Ensures team and partners have the appropriate competencies and ability to manage multiple projects.
- PEOPLE MANAGEMENT- Experience leading and managing people and project teams, empowering people to act with speed and agility.
Working Experience Requirements
- Minimum 12 years of experience in healthcare industry
- Demonstrated experience and/or expertise in at least more than one of the following areas: health economics, outcomes research, market access, health policy, health technology assessment and reimbursement
- Global market access experience required (as operated in at least two different markets and preferably either China or Japan)
- Proven ability to understand business strategy; translate it into solutions that support the company’s business goals
- Ideal candidates must possess the ability work from strategy development through to execution and value creation in a dynamic organization
- Preferred candidates will have cross sector and global health care systems experiences
- Depth of regional knowledge as it relates to HTA, healthcare systems evidence requirements and reimbursement required
- Experience building teams, as well as managing people and budgets.
- Ability to manage multiple demands, with a systematic approach to prioritization and organization of resources
- Proven leadership ability to effectively motivate and manage a team of professionals, including remote and virtual direct and indirect reports
- Experience working successfully in complex matrix environments
- Track record of working effectively with other cultures and international teams
- Deeper understanding in at least one of J&J’s sectors, particularly Medical Device or Pharmaceuticals
- Advanced degree (MS, MPH, PhD, MHA, MBA) in health economics or outcomes research or healthcare related field
Johnson & Johnson Pte. Ltd. (8435)
Health Economics R&D