Johnson & Johnson Careers
Maintenance Craft Fitter
Requisition ID: 1905747643W
JOB TITLE: Maintenance Fitter
DEPARTMENT: Maintenance Engineering-Little island
REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisior
. The Maintenance Fitter monitors and personally executes maintenance activities within JSCI LI Facility in support of continually maintaining the facility, equipment systems, utility systems (direct & indirect) and support systems /equipment to the highest Engineering, Statutory & Regulatory standards, so meeting the needs, standards and reliability of JSC and its customers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
• Execute maintenance tasks in a self directed approach, effectively & efficiently, directly from the planning and CMMS process. Ensure all work activities are implemented correctly, right first time, meeting good engineering practice and ensuring optimum equipment performance at all times.
• Continually monitor equipment/utility performance and ensure effective and efficient maintenance engineering performance of the associated systems.
• Provide immediate feedback of non optimum equipment/system performance.
• Take due care in the execution of duties to ensure compliance with EHS requirements continually.
• Operate and maintain all relevant equipment from a maintenance perspective, work on own initiative and respond to work requirements as they arise, planned, requested or otherwise (emergency etc.).
• Ensure written & verbal instructions are adhered to. Ensure quality, efficacy, efficiency of all relevant activities and observations.
• Ensure competency and training are complete for all relevant curricula.
• Continually maintain work area and support areas in a clean and orderly way.
• Ensure that all documentation related activities are completed in an orderly way, satisfying regulatory & statutory requirements meeting the required accuracy.
• Implement all relevant maintenance operations according to Standard Operating Procedure and identify deficiency in same where relevant.
• Communicate all observations to Maintenance Coordinator.
• Ensure, as must as possible, that all equipment is functioning properly, effectively and available for use at all times.
• Utilise the correct components/spare parts for effective, efficient and reliable equipment and system performance. Advise the Maintenance Coordinator or equivalent, of any deficiency in this process prior to progressing with specific task. Notify the Maintenance Coordinator or equivalent where & spare parts are not available or not stocked.
• Utilise the correct tools for all job related requirements. Notify the Maintenance Coordinator of non optimum tooling/equipment.
• Satisfy procedural requirements relating to equipment release/return, shift handover, work completion, work place standards, equipment functionality, repair , maintenance (intrusive & non-intrusive) , shutdown etc. - satisfy company requirements, at all times.
• Ensure that company rules are adhered to in all activities implemented.
• Provide operations & project support as required.
• Assist in the compilation of technical training modules for technical equipment and ensure that effective training is completed to satisfy equipment maintenance performance.
• Embrace the use of technology to support the future viability of the business ensure effective use of computer systems, database, SAP. eStream, Pager System, BMS, barcoding, hand held devices etc. and limiting to those listed.
• Support the utilisation of Lean Methods such as 5S, mistake proofing, Kaizen, GEMBA etc.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Ability to operate as part of a team.
• Customer focus.
• Mechanical/Electrical/Instrument/Utilities aptitude.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Attention to detail.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Results and performance driven.
• Adaptable and flexible.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Leaving Certificate Qualification.
• Scientific or technical qualification in either mechanical,engineering.
• Trade Certificate (recognized body) & relevant experience.
• Experience in maintenance of Sterile API manufacturing facilities is desirable
• Maintenance experience within a GMP regulated environment.
• Experience of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Experience SCADA systems
• Experience of SAP
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF THE JOB HOLDERS RESPONSIBILITIES.
Janssen Pharmaceutical Ltd. (8170)