Johnson & Johnson Careers
Postdoctoral Researcher – Digital Phenotyping
Beerse, Belgium; Spring House, Pennsylvania
Requisition ID: 1905747272W
Janssen Research & Development, L.L.C., a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for a Postdoctoral Fellow, Digital Phenotyping, to be located at either Spring House, PA, USA or Beerse, Belgium.
Janssen Pharma R&D seeks a creative postdoc with expertise in statistical and computational techniques, including experience in managing and analyzing big data, to strengthen our digital biomarker research. He/she will be part of the Digital Phenotyping group at Computational Sciences in the Discovery Sciences organization within Janssen Pharma R&D.
- You will be responsible for studying the role of digital biomarkers, obtained from different biosensors, smartphone’s built-in sensors, and different types of biomedical images in relation to clinical outcome.
- You will be responsible for extracting sensor features of clinical relevance from different biosensor data/images and building multivariate models.
- You will work with key internal and external partners to define analytics strategy for managing multi-sensor data obtained during observation clinical trials using remote measurement technologies, including contributing to data processing and analysis pipelines.
- You will stay abreast with scientific literature on machine learning and use the algorithms to build disease prediction/progression models for digital biomarker research, in collaboration with key partners.
- You contribute to linking phenotypic data including electronic health records with genomics data, to identify potential connections between disease subtypes and their genetic variations.
- You will effectively communicate data and results to our partners within and outside of J&J, publish high-quality research, and work effectively with colleagues across J&J sectors.
The postdoc will span two years, with the extension possibility. Where appropriate, the postdoc will participate in training and development sessions & workshops within Janssen/J&J, as well as attend and present at external conferences. He/she will receive guidance and mentoring to participate and contribute to ongoing efforts focused on the digital phenotyping research.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical field.
- Hands-on experience with statistical modeling of data including applying and/or developing machine learning algorithms.
- Familiarity with signal/image processing techniques is a plus.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, Python, R or other scripting languages.
- Knowledge in big data technologies including cloud/cluster computing is a plus.
- Background or prior experience of working with healthcare data, biosensor data, physiological data is a plus.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work independently and in team.
- Experience contributing to research communities including presentations/publications at journals, conferences or workshops.
North America-United States-Pennsylvania-Spring House
Janssen Pharmaceutica N.V. (7555)