Johnson & Johnson Careers
Professional Education & Development manager Benelux
Requisition ID: 1905746036W
Johnson & Johnson Vision, a division of Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices, is committed to help people see better, connect better and to live better. We strive bringing science and sense of sight to life through world-class innovation and customer experience. Re-imagining the future of eye health requires a passionate and diverse team. To reinforce our Benelux team, we are looking for a Professional Education and Development Manager Benelux.
The Professional Education & Development (PED) Manager’s role is to:
- Develop Strategic Plan for PED activities in Benelux
- Optimise customers’ and key influencers’ awareness of the clinical benefits of Johnson & Johnson Vision Care Companies’ (JJVCC) products in comparison to competitors’ products.
- Ensure JJVCC products are used correctly by eye care practitioners (ECPs).
- Elevate the scientific evidence that supports the superior performance of ACUVUE® products.
- Develop and execute technical training for customers and JJVCC staff and maintain recognized expertise in the field of contact lenses.
- Ensure KOL database is properly maintained and leveraged to develop strong KOL engagement and emerging KOL development plans
- Ensure strong partnering with local professional bodies and to drive shaping external environment planning.
- Coordinate management of consumer complaints
- To manage relationships with external customers, KOLs and key individuals in the optical bodies.
- To understand technical, clinical and performance attributes of JJVCC products and differences with key competitor products.
- To understand the business needs by Marketing and Sales Organization.
- To keep up to date with the latest research and advancements within vision care correction.
- To understand the need for new educational programs and activities through customers unmet needs and attitudes and increase the awareness of CL category & JJVCC.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of Legal and Health Care Compliance policies required.
- To travel within Benelux as necessary to perform the above.
- To participate within the Benelux management team meetings to help develop the strategic business direction
- To manage the allocated professional education & development budget.
Communication / Education / Development
- Support the technical education of professionals that sell/recommend JJVCC’s products to ensure correct usage for long term business/market development.
- Responsible for leading surround sound and share of voice at major conferences.
- Run educational projects, conferences, programs, local trainings and courses, supporting also the objectives and the activities of Johnson & Johnson Institute (JJI).
- Support in providing appropriate technical training and knowledge to other functional departments within JJVCC to enable them to sell their products.
- Ensuring strong partnering with Marketing to elevate the scientific evidence that supports the superior performance of ACUVUE® products.
- Support in the Copy Clearance process to ensure all technical/clinical information in Johnson & Johnson Vision Care materials is factually correct.
Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
- Support the development of local KOLs
- Ensure a KOL database is properly maintained and leveraged to develop strong KOL engagement and emerging KOL development plans.
- Work with other PED colleagues to create and maintain a panel of speakers through whom to deliver company messages (product performance, correct usage etc).
New Product Launch
- Support the launch of new products through education plans and programmes within assigned targeted customers
External Environment and Regulatory Affairs
- Develop partnerships with local regulatory affairs to ensure full regulatory compliance across market (product registration and device vigilance)
- Develop ethical and productive relationships with Benelux professional bodies and teaching institutions.
Background Information and Main Activities
- Spend time with the Sales Representatives to understand and analyse the market and the needs of the Sales Force.
- Understand current accepted practitioner beliefs
- Understand, interpret and respond to the needs of different customer groups.
- Ongoing revision of training methods and preparation of presentations.
- Respond to requests/inquiries from internal and external sources.
- Carry out field visits.
- Interface between JJVCC and the professional press.
- Meet with educational institutions and ECPs; identify and develop new partnerships.
- Attend and speak at key conferences to obtain latest knowledge on contact lens research; publish articles.
- Attend regular Professional Education and Development meetings.
Knowledge / Experience / Skills required
- Optometrist/Contact Lens Optician
- Experience in contact lens fitting.
- Demonstrable experience of working successfully in a team and managing project teams.
- Budget management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- High verbal and written communication skills.
- Analytical skills.
- Fluency in local languages.
- Competence in business / technical English
- Higher qualifications in contact lens practice.
- Experience of delivering training.
- Computer skills, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Technical/clinical/research experience.
- French speaking
What’s in it for you…?
“Caring for the world, one person at a time…”
As an employee we consider you as our most valuable asset. We take your career seriously.
As part of a global team in an innovative environment your development is key and our day-to-day responsibility.
Through e-university, on the job training, various projects and programs, we ensure your personal growth.
Our benefits make sure we care for you and your family now and in the future.
Johnson & Johnson Medical BV (7260)