Johnson & Johnson Careers
Strategic Marketing Manager, External Innovation APAC
Requisition ID: 1905745223W
The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies is recruiting for an External Innovation Strategic Marketing Manager. The position will be located in Shanghai, China.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Skin Health, Feminine Care, and Self Care products (OTC).
The External Innovation Strategic Marketing Manager will be responsible for shaping and executing the Consumer start-up collaboration strategy in Asia Pacific, with the main focus on Skin Health in China, and to a lesser extent Self Care. Specifically, he/she will partner closely with the regional and local Skin Health and Self Care businesses, as well as with Johnson & Johnson External Innovation teams, to identify and drive innovations that can be tested rapidly and subsequently launched in China and other Asian countries. Oftentimes, these innovations will come from entrepreneurs and start-ups that may already be connected to the Asia-Pacific Innovation Center or JLABS. Typically, these innovations encompass science/technology, business models, capabilities, and/or consumer value propositions.
This role works intensely with the marketing and commercial teams, J&J Development Corporation, Business Development, Innovation Centers, as well as JLABS. Critical responsibility of this role is to influence the development of collaborations with strong innovators, ultimately resulting in strong asset acquisitions to accelerate growth of our consumer franchises. In addition, an essential part of this role is to lead the ‘Day 2’ integration of collaborations and equity investments in Asia. As such, we can determine if key proof points have been demonstrated to decide upon J&J’s future interest in officially acquiring or licensing start-up assets into J&J.
The Manager External Innovation Strategic Marketing will:
• Lead cross-functional teams comfortably into new strategic disruptive innovation directions based on sound data and business rationale.
• Work with commercial, R&D, and innovation partners to develop clear clinical, consumer and business objectives and subsequent proof points to de-risk and demonstrate future potential of investment asset.
• Create robust financial business cases and new business models that are risk adjusted, adaptable and easy to understand; developing a level of accuracy and consistency across projects and need states that facilitates strong overall portfolio assessments.
• Lead the Day 2 integration of a startup
• Have experience in shaping, thinking and aligning within senior leadership meetings and presentations.
• Gather, extrapolate, analyze and validate data and feedback from a variety of different sources and stakeholders to develop strategies and business case scenarios in often currently undefined whitespaces.
• A BA/BS in business is required.
• MBA preferred, with a concentration in Marketing strongly preferred.
• At minimum of 4 years of Consumer Marketing and/or a combination of Consumer Marketing and Commercial Business Experience required.
• Experience in leading both in-market product and new product innovation white space including: comprehensive business case analysis, market sizing, forecasting, strategic marketing, and new product valuation models is required.
• Experience in cross-functional collaboration in business development deals, and due diligence preferred.
• Must be business fluent in local language and English.
• Must have an in-depth understanding of the China consumer marketplace.
• Project management experience is required.
• Preferably experience in both start-up organizations and large corporate environments.
• Experience in creating and running different types of consumer business models preferred.
• Up to 20% domestic & potentially global travel to work with entrepreneur investment partners and cross-functional leaders required.
Johnson & Johnson (China) Ltd. (7047)