Johnson & Johnson Karrieren
HealthCare Compliance Officer (m/f/d)
Requisition ID: 1905745221W
Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
Janssen Pharmaceutical joined the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies in 1961. Today, Janssen Pharmaceutical is one of the most innovative pharmaceutical companies in the world. Our research and development centre develops products for a wide range of disease areas, such as mental disorders, neurological problems, infectious diseases, immunological disorders, cancer, and cardiovascular and metabolic conditions.
We are currently looking for an
HealthCare Compliance Officer (m/f/d)
Serves as a Health Care Compliance Officer (HCCO) for Janssen Germany. Leads and drives the Health Care Compliance (HCC) program to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with related J&J internal guidelines, local laws and regulations and anti corruption laws including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. Serves as a strategic business partner for management and coach towards all covered employees, to assure that the company culture of compliance is a natural element in day to day business.
This position is located in Neuss, reports to the Pharma EMEA HCC Sector Lead and dotted line to the Janssen Germany Managing Director.
- Senior Business Leader
- Requires strong communication, organization and analytical skills
- Broad business experience and proven ability to influence business decisions and business partners
- Ability to take complex business situations and develop solutions to ensure compliant growth is achieved
- Ability to combine sector orientation with cross sector goals and objectives
- Proven track record in delivering results, self starter and ability to manage complexity
- Committed team player
- Experience in team management
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Partner with company executive leadership to ensure that the HCC program effectively prevents and/or detects violations of law, regulations, policies, or the Code of Conduct by:
- Provision of comprehensive advice to the various business units/divisions to educate their staff on HCC requirements for both large strategic projects as well as daily business, including decision-making and communicating necessary decisions
- In coordination with the other involved departments (eg Legal, Information Officer, Patient Advocacy Officer, etc – for the purpose of revising SOPs) stay always up-to-date on all Compliance-related legal provisions, especially those set forth in the AMG, SGB V, HWG, StGB, the FSA and EFPIA codices as well as the Physicians’ Vocational Law
- Stay up-to-date on compliance case rulings passed by the FSA arbitration boards and incorporate these decisions in the company’s [Compliance] procedures
- Stay up-to-date on FSA Management Guidelines and incorporate them in the company’s [Compliance] procedures
- Regularly attend and contribute to the FSA Compliance Officers’s Meetings to maintain exchange with the other FSA members’ Compliance Officers
- Mantaining & chairing the local Compliance Committee, the committee responsible for designing and implementing an effective compliance program and key decision making
- Translating global HCC strategies into cluster/country level strategy based on appropriate cluster needs, goals and objectives, taking into account local external regulatory trends and environment
- Developing and coordinating implementation of country strategy & plan aligning with the businesses and the HCC&P organization.
- Assuring adequate representation in relevant business governance structures and establish discussion platforms to get general business buy-in and impact analysis
- Stimulating and contributing to innovative approaches towards HCPs and GOs consistent with the HCC/HCBI guidelines and framework and performing business plan reviews
- Working with the JHCC&P organization, Government Affairs, Regulatory, Legal, and external organisations (primarily trade associations) to shape & influence the environment and industry codes of conduct
- Providing and coordinating appropriate guidance, education, training, and regular communications on HCC to all covered employees, including Affiliate/Managing Director, Management Board, etc.
- Conducting Enterprise Risk Assessment process to detect risk and /or process gaps
- Developing and executing the Monitoring plan to demonstrate that the HCC program is effective, and engaging Affiliate/ Board participation in roll out
- Coordinating preparations for Corporate Internal Audits
- Coordinating the establishment of the Management Action Plan, and guiding business partners to close gaps and implement corrective actions
- Managing day-to-day allegations and investigations
- Participating in and leading investigations of non-compliance and implementing the escalation process for serious allegations, as appropriate
- Providing HCC metrics to the HCC&P organization and to the country board
- Communicating on status of the HCC program regularly to line manager and the relevant board(s)
- Actively engage in the enterprise-wide Talent Management process
- Lead and develop direct report.
- Partnering with the Global/Regional Operations team
- Deploy policies and procedures and education & training materials, customized to reflect local requirements, that align and monitor company activities to ensure compliance with government, private, legal and company HCC standards
- Implement IM systems that collect, audit, analyze, and report compliance information
- Implement HCC training programs, including new employee orientation, periodic training on specialized subjects, and annual refresher training
- Maintain employee certification and training attendance records
- Execute Testing & Monitoring plans and programs
- Ensure external reporting requirements are met per local regulations
- Ensure internal reporting requirements are met per enterprise requirements and schedule
- Interface with legal counsel regarding HCC and Privacy requirements and interpretation
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
BA/BS, advanced degree and a minimum of 5 years business experience. Due to the importance of the FSA Codes and the unique specific anticorruption law in the healthcare system which is codified in the German Criminal Code next to all basic anticorruption paragraphs, the HCC Officer must have a deep understanding of the German law system with regard to healthcare compliance. Therefore, it is highly preferred that the HCC Officer has a legal background and a minimum 3 – 5 years experience with the German healthcare compliance regulations. Background may include Compliance, Finance, Sales and Marketing, Medical Affairs, Legal, or Regulatory Prior experience in project management is required. Good command of English and German. Experience in Health Care Compliance required. Understands and masters the J&J Credo based culture. Knowledge of laws, regulations and industry standards for Germany is a must.
- Deals well with ambiguity and demonstrates strong organizational, process and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well between functions and across all levels of the business
- Effective negotiating skills
- Ability to comprehend and interpret legal documents would be an advantage.
COMMENTS: This position description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will typically be performed by the incumbent(s).
The well-being and development of our employees are central aspects of our company creed. Individuals who would like to fully realize their potential as part of our international, innovation-driven corporate family and who aspire to have challenging work, will find that our company provides just the right conditions. We consider intensive initial training, further education that is tailored to our employees' work and excellent opportunities for development - both nationally and internationally - to be just as essential as a good work-life balance, attractive compensation and above-average employee benefits. One aspect that distinguishes our company is the large number of measures we have to support our trainees and promote career development in ways that are also compatible with family life.
Janssen-Cilag Germany (8000)
Health Care Compliance