Johnson & Johnson Careers
External Partnership Coordinator
Requisition ID: 1905745143W
The Bacterial Vaccine department (BacVac) at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is working on the discovery and early development of novel vaccines for bacterial infectious diseases. It strives to address unmet medical needs, such as bacteremia (sepsis), meningitis, and respiratory tract and nosocomial infections. Projects at BacVac are primarily structured on scientific and technical collaboration with external biotechnology partners (governmental, academic, and industrial) that are innovative leaders in their field. This working process includes ‘state of the art’ vaccine discovery, with subsequent in vivo evaluation of vaccine candidates in animal models for immunogenicity and/or efficacy. In addition, manufacturing processes are established and optimized, and the resulting clinical trial material is evaluated in human clinical studies.
The BacVac department has a diversified workforce and well-equipped laboratories. Janssen’s support departments, such as Vaccine Process & Analytical Development (VPAD) and Quality Affairs (QA), provide expertise to BacVac and its external biotechnology partners, for the development of prototype vaccines. These external partners oversee some parts of the development of vaccine production processes in their own facilities. In addition, a significant portion of this development work is outsourced to contract research organizations (CROs), under BacVac’s scientific leadership. Clinical trial material (CTM) is then produced for Phase I/IIa clinical studies in human, either at Janssen large-scale facilities, or via outsourcing to contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs).
The Bacterial Vaccine department (BacVac) at Janssen Vaccines & Prevention is recruiting an External Partnership Coordinator, with a strong scientist/engineer backgroung, in support of major vaccine projects. In the course of his/her work, this specialist will be expected to work in coordination with BacVac’s scientists/engineers, with Janssen’s support departments, and with third-parties (external partners and contract research/manufacturing organizations).
- Coordination of third-parties with emphasis on operational activities and stakeholder management.
- Initiate, establish and coordinate BacVac’s collaborations with third-parties, for custom services and outsourcing of R&D activities.
- Help identify suitable external partners to support BacVac’s projects.
- Initiate and manage confidentiality agreements, health care compliance approvals, business partner risk assessments (BPRAs), and (master) service agreements and purchase orders, linked to third-party activities.
- Liaise between BacVac and key non-scientific business partners within Janssen (Finance, Contract Management, Procurement, P2P, Legal, PMO).
- Track, maintain, and facilitate third-party activities and progress reports, from project conception to completion; actively modify schedules or plans as required; maintain and manage data sharing sites (e.g. SharePoint).
- Support preparation, execution and documentation of knowledge/technology transfer to/from third-parties.
- Support financial processes such as budget preparation, tracking external expenses and preparing reports for program costs (on request).
- Support negotiation process with third-parties, and potential conflict resolution (on request).
- MSc (or engineering degree) in e.g. Bacteriology, Immunology, and/or Bioprocess Technology.
- Preferably 2-4 years of professional experience (industry is a plus).
- Experience with industrial (external) project management practices (certification is a plus).
- Problem solver.
- Team player.
- Focused on project goals (milestones and deliverables).
- Communicate clearly and efficiently.
- Maintain accurate written records.
- Organize data efficiently (e.g. databases), and with data security and integrity in mind.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) regulations and their implementation.
- Knowledge of scientific literature (including patents), with emphasis on bacterial vaccines.
- Language skills: fluent English (other languages are a plus).
- Computer skills (Excel, databases, project planning, resource management, etc.)
Janssen Vaccines & Prevention BV (8852)