Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineering Technician
Requisition ID: 1905744755W
Depuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most creative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two outstanding companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are encouraged to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
For our Engineering Science and Technology (EST) department in Grenchen, we are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineering Technician.
Provides advanced technical support of activities related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization. Provides direction and supports the needs of manufacturing areas across the site and with other sites in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost. Mentors and teaches engineering staff.
- Participates in engineering projects including planning and completing assigned tasks on-time and with high quality.
- Participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Non-conformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Provides day to day support and direction to production such as, but not limited to turning, milling, drilling, EDM, finishing, packaging etc. as required.
- Understands existing processes, tooling setup and machine programs in order to execute tasks associated with process validation (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation) and engineering studies including setting process parameters and defining fixtures.
- Identifies and implements process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Designs gages, performs measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required.
- Is able to use various types of measuring instruments including, micrometers, calipers, comparators,
- tensile testers, coordinate measurement systems etc. to support engineering testing.
- Develops fixtures and designs tools and has the ability to express and implement ideas with tool designers.
- Performs tasks related to new equipment acquisition efforts including in-depth analysis, user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Oversees the checking of complex layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Coordinates the participation of technicians in designed experiments and capability studies.
- Collects process documentation, prepares and delivers training on processes, materials, and equipment. Confirms training is effective.
- Is responsible for programming, set-up and debugging of highly complex equipment or measuring instruments.
- Supports and performs preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks.
- Develops manufacturing and inspection procedures.
- Participates in cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, Product Development, personnel from other sites and external resources.
- Assures adherence to all company safety policies and procedures and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Acts as a model for the operators in terms of attitude, running machines, following processes, and decision making
- Writes protocols and reports and gives presentations
- Performs other related duties, as required.
- Apprenticeship or equivalent
- Equivalent certifications may be considered. Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution, preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering is required.
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
- Lean Sigma certification preferred.
- Experience with packaging, Laser, and CNC processes, equipment and related programming software.
- Working knowledge of machine and electrical safety standards, preferred.
- Leadership qualities including confidence, transparency, integrity, innovation, passion, patience and tenacity.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, CREO and Minitab, preferred.
- Strong organizational and is results oriented.
- Positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
- Must be willing to support all production shifts. Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment
- including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures
- (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of
- professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
- English fluency, German big plus!
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization with excellent working conditions then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.)
Please click on DePuy Synthes and Johnson & Johnson if you would like to learn more about our business and check our new career channel on YouTube www.youtube.com/user/CareersAtJNJ to understand our working culture!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)