Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manufacturing Engineer - OTD
Requisition ID: 1905744746W
Depuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most creative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two outstanding companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are encouraged to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
For our Engineering Science and Technology (EST) department in Bettlach, we are looking for a Senior Manufacturing Engineer - OTD. (Multiple positions available)
The primary purpose of this job is to support manufacturing through the continuous development of manufacturing processes and support day to day operations to achieve VS targets. The position is part of a team within the OTD department that contributes to the overall business metrics. This position will provide project leadership on continuous improvement, and risk mitigation initiatives and will also include liaison with outside suppliers and other company Design & Manufacturing sites to ensure all goals and targets of the manufacturing process are achieved.
- Support the day to day manufacturing operation environment to allow operations to meet its targets.
- Support business key metrics with ongoing process improvements and introduction of new technology.
- Deliver key projects to the Value Stream which will positively impact on the key metrics.
- Drive process improvements/capacity increases through new technology/equipment introductions.
- Competent in validation requirements on new equipment introductions/processes/process changes.
- Design & develop tools, fixtures, gages and special equipment for manufacturing operations
- and new product / process introductions in conjunction with Toolroom Technicians and Manufacturing Engineers.
- Identify capital spend and budget requirements for process improvements.
- Preparation and maintenance of all relevant manufacturing specifications.
- Preparation and project management of all line extensions/NPI including supporting documentation.
- Focus on reduction of unit cost of production, through accountability for specific cells i.e.
- Consumable Cost, Scrap Cost and Cell Efficiency.
- Support ongoing Safety Incident corrective actions and ERGO team initiatives/actions
- Identify and lead cost and technical improvements under the departments continuous improvement program.
- Provide key inputs and leadership into transformational process developments.
- Determine equipment layouts for manufacturing cells using Lean Manufacturing tool as identified.
- Project Management - provide timely and accurate reporting on project activities.
- New Product Introductions & Product Transfers
- Lead or actively participate in cross-functional teams to ensure New Product Introduction/Research and Development projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Actively interfacing with cross-functional team members, always practicing good team work in support of day to day operating requirements.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and a clear identifiable work ethos within the Projects Engineering team.
- Develop and maintain a Credo & Behavioral Standards based culture within the Projects Engineering group.
- Preparation and maintenance of manufacturing specifications for specific projects.
- Ensure effective closure on Quality System documents (Audit Actions, NCR’s, CAPA’s, etc).
- Ensure all process developments, NPI etc. are managed in accordance with the Quality management system.
- Ensure all production equipment meets all J&J Health & Safety requirements by the completion of required documentation.
- Implementation of safety/environmental requirements on purchase of all new equipment.
- Work with team leader to develop and implement strategic engineering Goals & Objectives.
- Support the implementation of all engineering and plant strategic initiatives.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related discipline with 7 years’ experience is required. A Masters or PhD is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a medical device or equivalent manufacturing engineering environment is essential.
- Experience using proven Root Cause analysis and problem-solving techniques (A3, 8D, TRIZ or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated capability to communicate to external stakeholders
- Strong decision making and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to plan and complete tasks to a defined timeline.
- Self-motivated, with focus on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Ability to manage multiple assignments or projects with sound analytical, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills.
- Flexible work ethic.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
- Problem Solving skills – to assist in maintaining project progress and on design issues.
- Decision Making – required to make decisions on technical issues.
- Degree of responsibility – must be capable of taking direction and taking responsibility and
- ownership for systems.
- Excellent planning & organisation skills.
- Extent of confidentiality - discretion is essential in view of contact with outside parties, product development strategies, regulatory and sales information.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- Certified Six Sigma qualifications
- Certified Project Management qualifications (IPMA/FPX)
- English fluency, German big plus!
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization with excellent working conditions then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.)
Please click on DePuy Synthes and Johnson & Johnson if you would like to learn more about our business and check our new career channel on YouTube www.youtube.com/user/CareersAtJNJ to understand our working culture!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)