Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader
Requisition ID: 1905744743W
Depuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most creative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two outstanding companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are encouraged to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
For our Engineering Science and Technology (EST) department in Bettlach, we are looking for a Manufacturing Engineering Team Leader.
You will provide leadership and direction for a team of engineering technician resources and activities, along with ensuring the engineering team performs within budget and to plan, using best practices, innovation, and people development. You will be partnering with manufacturing and quality in the identification, definition and execution of projects and delivers technical requirements for the launch of products as well as continuous improvement of the supply chain capabilities.
- You encourage and support the identification and development of innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Actively invest in the professional development of engineering staff including work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria in carrying out engineering tasks, project management, statistical analysis, presentation of data and technical writing. Provides technical support and direction across the site and mentors engineering staff.
- Supervise a team consisting of engineering technicians and you are responsible for employee performance management and professional development. This includes but is not limited to identification of training needs and opportunities for development.
- You assist in the development and implementation of department strategy outlining technological, organizational and cross-functional needs in alignment with site and engineering level strategic goals, technological guidelines, and organizational models.
- Assisting in planning and scheduling the engineering project and capital portfolio, ensuring initiatives enforce to good engineering and documentation practices, are appropriately staffed, are run within budget, and are aligned with prioritization and strategy on a site and cluster level.
- Allocating resources to facilitate attainment of project goals within established timelines and budgets and monitors smooth execution of plans and programs.
- Creating and maintaining an environment of innovative continuous improvement, focusing on safety, quality, delivery, process development and cost reduction,
- Assists in setting, tracking and communicating business metrics for the team in line with location and company objectives and leads course corrections when necessary.
- Creating and leading a department, capital investment and savings budget.
- Facilitating collaboration between multi-functional teams including associates in Engineering, Product Development, Operations, Regulatory, Quality Assurance, Planning, Materials, etc. to drive business and organizational results.
- Actively participating in or leading activities associated to the DePuy Synthes Engineering Cluster, MD&D Engineering Initiatives, and Virtual Teams.
- You are assisting with solving day-to-day problems, discrepancies, and investigations of nonconformances.
- Ensuring alignment to the safety requirements for equipment and processes and defines, coordinates, and executing corrective actions involving internal and external resources.
- Supporting the development of SOP's, Work Instruction, and other control processes or practices as it pertains to the area of responsibility.
- You are planning, conducting, and coordinating activities related to the development of new or improved processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and capability alternatives.
- Ensure utilization of appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and 5S principles when implementing improvements of existing manufacturing processes.
- Ensure adequate and consistent development of user requirement specifications for new equipment and processes for new capital projects using standard templates following applicable HSE and legal requirements.
- Ensure consistent development and review of business cases and financial justification for all CIP and capital investment projects in alignment to internal, franchise, and J&J requirements.
- Ensuring cycle times of the manufacturing processes are correctly determined as a basis for process improvements and the implementation of improved technologies.
- Ensure adherence to applicable risk management practices when introducing new products and/or processes.
- Assisting with and following up on addressing internal and external audit findings making sure open action items are given appropriate priority and are addressed as needed.
- You have a Bachelor Degree from accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent. Or a Master of Science Degree from an accredited institution in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or a related degree, preferred.
- You have at least 4 years of experience in manufacturing and/or engineering and a minimum of 2 years of experience in a supervisory or cross-functional project manager role preferred. Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is a plus.
- a Six Sigma or Lean Sigma certification or 4 years of experience preferred.
- Experience developing and implementing robust automated manufacturing equipment, preferred.
- Experience with packaging, Laser, and CNC processes and equipment, preferred.
- Proven working knowledge of machine and electrical safety standards, preferred.
- Leadership qualities including confidence, transparency, integrity, innovation, passion, patience and tenacity.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, Minitab, and databases.
- Strong organizational and project management skills and are results oriented.
- Positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with coworkers.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to support global projects including some travel and to support all production shifts.
- May be responsible for the supervision and hiring process of Engineering Technicians, Interns and Engineers.
- Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
- English fluency, German a big plus!
If you feel attracted by this challenge and want to be part of a successful and growing organization with excellent working conditions then please send us your online application (CV, Motivation Letter, Working References etc.)
Please click on DePuy Synthes and Johnson & Johnson if you would like to learn more about our business and check our new career channel on YouTube www.youtube.com/user/CareersAtJNJ to understand our working culture!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)