Johnson & Johnson Careers
Medical Scientific Liaison PH
Requisition ID: 1905744335W
As part of the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, we are working to create a world without disease. Transforming lives by finding new and better ways to prevent, intercept, treat and cure disease inspires us. We bring together the best minds and pursue the most promising science. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
Actelion is a leader in the field of pulmonary arterial hypertension (PAH). Our portfolio of PAH treatments covers the spectrum of disease, from WHO Functional Class (FC) II through to FC IV, with oral, inhaled and intravenous medications.
Medical Scientific Liaison PH
• Responsible for proactively and reactively discussing our products, treatment trends incl. unmet medical needs, scientific insights, studies and projects in the specific therapeutic area with Leading Specialists (LS)
• Builds a link between external stakeholders and internal stakeholders such as different departments within Alpine. Contributes to driving health economics, business insights and planning discussions by collecting insights on HCPs needs and value drivers within the respective disease area.
• Drives and implements Medical Affairs activities
• Acts as a scientific expert and actively participates in international/national congresses, medical education events and hospitation or comparable programs to continuously improve both scientific and practical knowledge around product and disease areas and to identify evolving scientific concepts
• Responds to unsolicited medical information requests and forwards complex requests to the Medical Advisor
• Acts as a medical speaker for educational workshops, seminars and programs for physicians, pharmacists and scientists
External stakeholder management
• Accountable for identifying LS using the KOL mapping principles and ensuring continuous relationship management
• Accountable for writing the MSL activity plan tailored to the LS’s needs and aligned with CVT strategy. Executing the MSL activity plans in close collaboration with Commercial, Sales and HEMAR
• Identifies need for medical education formats and activities or related medical projects and ensures their implementation
• Communicates reactively ongoing research including our pipeline, research and development programs and other relevant information
• Shares proactively non-promotional scientific, product and company information within the approved label during face to face meetings, group presentations or telephone conferences
Internal stakeholder management:
• Supports Medical Advisor in planning, designing and executing MAF clinical activities
• Acts as medical representative for Sales in the field. Contributes to account-planning activities by sharing gained insights and updating Sales colleagues on MSL activity plans for LS
• Proposes investigators and sites for interventional and non-interventional Medical Affairs studies
• Contributes to preparation and conduct of investigator meetings, recruitment follow-up and study result presentation
• Discusses and accepts if appropriate investigator proposals for IISs and ensures they are discussed within the Medical Affairs department for decision
• Supports post marketing surveillance and expanded access programs
• Ad hoc project work on request
Full compliance with J&J Credo and HCBI principles to preserve trust and reputation towards HCP and patients using the products
• Strong business acumen with sense of urgency
• Positive dissatisfaction and aspiration to beat the odds
• Strategic thinking and analytical skills
• Customer centricity and strong external focus
• Effective collaboration and strong networking skills
• Effective communicator with strong influencing skills
• Accountability and excellence in execution
• High learning agility and open mindset for change
• Winning mindset and motivated to work in a high performing team
• Scientific degree: Medical Doctor, Pharmaceutical or natural Science university degree.
• Knowledge of the therapeutic area, strength in research and interpretation of medical data.
• 2-4 years related work experience, scientific acumen and communication skills in order to be accepted by Leading Specialists in peer-to-peer relationship.
The role is field-based and demands approximately 70% external customer interaction.
Janssen-Cilag Switzerland (7325)