Johnson & Johnson Careers
Director, Biomarker & Bioinformatics
Requisition ID: 1905743008W
The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary research team focusing on drug discovery, translational research, and early development of novel small or large molecule drug candidates in Shanghai, China. The candidate will lead a team of scientists in diverse functions, including experimental platforms, bioinformatics and clinical biomarker. In this role, the candidate will collaborate broadly with colleagues in China R&D and global team to deliver results. The candidate will also identify and establish relationships with major CRO companies, academic labs to leverage external resources to benefit internal projects.
· Lead a team with diverse functions, including experimental platforms, bioinformatics and clinical biomarker. The experimental platforms include but not limited to assay/screening, biophysics, IHC/ISH, FACS, NGS etc.
· Support the China discovery and clinical development projects with the cutting-edge experimental platforms.
· Accountable for initiation and delivery of biomarker and translational research projects to derive novel patient insights, biomarkers for patient selection, disease biomarkers, prognostic biomarkers.
· Provide senior scientific leadership and set strategic direction regarding to technology advancement.
· The successful candidate will be actively engaged in participating and evaluating progress in collaborative programs with external partners, so experience in collaborative research would be desirable.
- The candidate should have a MD or PhD in biology, molecular biology, pathology, biochemistry or a related field, with minimum 10 years of industry experience in pre-clinical drug discovery or translational research, preferably in a pharmaceutical setting or other relevant healthcare industry.
· The ideal candidate would also have a working knowledge of the challenges and experimental systems linked to drug discovery or diagnostic/biomarker research
- Demonstrated capability to lead and deliver translational/biomarker projects.
- Hands on experience with cutting edge cellular and molecular technologies related to Oncology biomarker research would be desired.
· Track record of managing complex technical, scientific and operational activities and in leading, developing and motivating teams
· Excellent written and oral communication skill in English and Chinese
J&J (China) Investments Ltd (7046)