Johnson & Johnson Careers
Associate Scientist QC
Requisition ID: 1905742569W
“Caring for the world … one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that is anchored in the internationally applicable Credo. We embrace research and science - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. We have more than 260 operating companies in more than 60 countries employing approximately 134,000 people. Our worldwide headquarters is in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Janssen Vaccines in Bern (Switzerland) belongs to the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson. Janssen is an organization of over 30,000 professionals working passionately to prevent, treat, cure and stop some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. In Bern, about 300 people of over 20 nationalities work together with the wider Janssen organization and partners on the development, manufacturing and analytical testing of novel vaccines and bacteria-based pharmaceutical products. We are committed to bring meaningful innovation to global health by combating major threats to the health of people worldwide.
For our site in Bern we are looking for a highly committed
Associate Scientist QC Microbiology
Purpose of the Position
The QC department is involved in the validation and transfer of various test methods as well as in performing of routine release and stability tests for novel clinical phase materials. The microbial methods applied in-house range from sterility, bioburden, microbial purity, endotoxin and spore testing.
- Be compliant with general guidelines, procedures and processes in the QC in accordance with the internal rules. This includes all steps of the analysis under cGMP from the sample collection point to the release of the results by the authorized person.
- Perform timely and cost-effective testing of samples at required cGMP level resulting from operational activities, stability programs and monitoring
- Create and process ETS records if needed
- Maintenance, care and GMP-compliant handling of the devices and technical aids used in the QC. The devices in responsibility, which are needed for the conduct of the tests, including coordination of dates for maintenance and calibration
- Write technical reports if needed
- Perform laboratory duties to support department objectives
- Periodic review and evaluation of analytical assays (cGMP) according to given timelines if needed
- Work in a clean and tidy manner to be ready for inspection
- Obtain the necessary materials and reagents for the assigned tests, including ordering laboratory consumables and reagents in the appropriate systems
- If necessary, take over work on weekends, public holidays or during company holidays.
- Support in planning activities if needed
- University degree in natural sciences, applied sciences or equivalent
- Profound working understanding of laboratory operations and practices
- At least 2 years work experience in a GMP/GLP environment
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Good communication abilities
- Time and self-management
- Good language skills in German and English, written and spoken
Janssen Vaccines AG (8851)