Johnson & Johnson Careers
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Requisition ID: 1905742424W
"Caring for the world... one person at a time” inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. This culture of caring is the focus of our corporate philosophy, that are anchored in the internationally applicable Credo.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of technology, devices, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, cranio-maxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Our broad array of inspired, innovative and high-quality offerings, help advance the health and well-being of people around the world.
For our Engineering, Science and Technology (EST) Team which is responsible for the Plant Network (Bettlach and Grenchen), we are looking for a highly committed:
Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the cluster of production plants in areas of:
- Management of manufacturing and technical projects & NPI value engineering
- Design, execution and delivery of capital projects
- Evaluate and deploy a strong pipeline for cost improvement projects to reduce COGS
- Technical network optimization on demand for product, process and equipment transfers
- Actively participate in the development and implementation of the Company’s strategic imperatives / objectives
- Develop and implement the manufacturing engineering and technical functions strategic imperatives in-line with the Plant strategic imperatives / objectives.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of Environmental, Health and Safety per J&J standards and local regulations
- Promote a quality-focused culture within the engineering team, ensuring adherence to cGMP’s and Quality Systems as defined in the Quality Manual.
- Manage, develop and lead departmental staff in a manner that will facilitate employee development, identifying training needs, stretch assignments and opportunities for development.
- Continuous Improvement Focus
- A minimum of bachelor’s degree in engineering, Science or related discipline
- An advanced degree such as MBA, MSc / PhD in Science, Engineering or related disciplines is desirable.
- 8-10 years of experience in Manufacturing or Manufacturing Engineering area, preferably in the medical device or regulated industry. A minimum of 5 years of managerial experience with people responsibility.
- Experience in areas of Manufacturing Engineering, establishment of strong business cases and technical project management in a manufacturing facility.
- Outstanding leadership capabilities – demonstrate ability to form, motivate, and inspire teams to drive significantly increased performance through strong communication and empowerment.
- Results and performance driven: willing to be in charge and take ownership and poses a proactive and driving attitude
- Must demonstrate working knowledge of process development, process excellence and validation, including design of experiments, statistical analysis, and project management.
- Must demonstrate strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work within tight deadlines with proven experience in meeting goals in a timely manner
- Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to work effectively with peers both internally and externally.
- Fluent in English, conversational level of German.
Please click on DePuy Synthes and Johnson & Johnson if you want to learn more about our business and check our new career channel on YouTube www.youtube.com/user/CareersAtJNJ to understand our working culture!
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Synthes Produktions GmbH (7117)