Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Hospital Integration Architecture
Wokingham, United Kingdom; United States; Belgium; Germany; Spain; France; London, United Kingdom; High Wycombe, United Kingdom; Maidenhead, United Kingdom; Wokingham, United Kingdom
Requisition ID: 1905742206W
Digital Surgery Hospital Integration Architect – J&J Hospital Medical Devices
Hospital Medical Devices a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Hospital Systems Integration Architecture (HSIA). Working out of EMEA or the US, you would report directly to the Director of Digital Surgery Hospital Ecosystem.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of creative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of general surgery, orthopedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, J&J Medical Devices is the best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
We are seeking an experienced architect to lead the design and delivery of our capabilities for integrating J&J digital surgery solutions with hospital systems and data. At the core of our digital surgery strategy lies a belief in the value and power of data, and the full benefits of digital surgery to patients, surgeons, hospitals and taxpayers. As a Senior Manager RSIA it will be your responsibility to help the business realise this by connecting the J&J platform to existing hospital information systems and data.
As a Senior Manager within HSIA, you will be an authority in hospital systems integration, healthcare integration standards (FHIR, HL7, DICOM), information coding systems (SNOMED CT and others) and technologies (e.g. integration engines. An experienced Cloud-based digital product developer, you will have a strong architecture background, able to bring structure and method to complex and ambiguous problems. They will be comfortable operating as part of a virtual, distributed team.
The Senior Manager HSIA will be experience in healthcare / hospital IT, combined with a strong software engineering background.
- Act as authority and leader with vision in hospital systems and data, you will be responsible for mentoring the broader digital surgery team.
- Demonstrating strong analytical skills, you will analyse functional and non-functional requirements across a diverse set of business and technology scenarios.
- You will have chances to create architecture for hospital systems and data integration, identifying and documenting architecture building blocks and key architecture decisions.
- Craft a business architecture for hospital systems and data integration, that enables J&J to deliver integration at scale. Address people and process, as well as technology aspects.
- Communicate and obtain support for the proposed architecture across stakeholders, including business and technology leadership.
- Partner with key related functions such as J&J field service to support delivery and learn lessons for refinement of the architecture.
- Contribute as a core member of the engineering team to the delivery the architecture.
- Conduct architecture spikes, PoCs, and other activities as appropriate to build knowledge, support key decisions, and validate the architecture.
- Contribute as part of the Digital Surgery architecture team to the overall success of the program. Understand and manage technology dependencies between teams.
- Engagement with hospital pilot clients.
- Partner with J&J legal and privacy teams to ensure the protection of patient and provider privacy.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- An advanced degree in engineering, technology or business administration would also be beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience and deep understanding of related IT infrastructure architecture integration projects.
- Dedicated work experience with Hospital Information Systems (EHR/EM and/or Health Information Standards (DICOM, HL7, FIHR) or integrating Hospital Information Systems, inclusive of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and PACS would be a prerequisite for this opportunity.
- Experience managing or integrating with Hospital Information Systems, including Electronic Medical Records, PACS, and Scheduling systems.
- Knowledge and experience of Healthcare Information content standards (HL7, CDA), transport standards (DICOM, FIHR, etc.) and coding standards (LOINC, ICD 10, SNOMED).
- Demonstrable experience working within Hospitals/Health Systems, Life Sciences or Medical Devices.
- Experience working across healthcare systems in different geographies, markets, and care settings would also be advantageous to this position. A deep understanding of the variation in practices, systems, and data is essential.
- Experience developing and implementing technology strategies at scale.
- Experience leading Software Product Management and/or Software Engineering, including understanding of Agile and Lean Methodologies.
- Experience of continuous improvement, integration, delivery, and devOps.
- Experience developing Cloud-based and customer-facing digital solutions is preferred.
- Working knowledge of regulatory, security, privacy and compliance considerations for medical devices and software as a medical device is required.
- Ability to succeed as an individual contributor in a creative, fast-paced, start-up culture.
- Ability to manage diverse partners, build strong positive relationships and utilising strong communication skills to interact effectively with empathy across business, customer and technology audiences at all levels.
- Ability to understand, probe, capture and articulate customer requirements, concerns, and inhibitors and seek resolutions with alacrity.
- Ability to explain complex technology topics in easy-to-understand terms.
- Ability to manage a team within a matrixed structure. Strong persuasion and influencing skills without direct authority.
- This position may require 25% travel.
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Europe/Middle East/Africa, North America-United States, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France, Europe/Middle East/Africa-United Kingdom-England-London, United Kingdom-England-High Wycombe, United Kingdom-England-Maidenhead, United Kingdom-England-Wokingham
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)