Johnson & Johnson Careers
Senior Manager, Hospital IT Pilots
Wokingham, United Kingdom; Switzerland; Belgium; Germany; Spain; France
Requisition ID: 1905742176W
Digital Surgery Hospital IT Pilots– J&J Hospital Medical Devices
Hospital Medical Devices a division of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Senior Manager, Hospital IT Pilots (HIP). Working out of EMEA or the US, you would report directly to the Director of Digital Surgery Hospital Ecosystem.
Johnson & Johnson Medical Device Companies produce a broad range of creative products and solutions used primarily by health care professionals in the fields of general surgery, orthopedics, neurological disease, infection prevention, cardiovascular disease, and aesthetics. As the most comprehensive devices business in the world, J&J Medical Devices is the best suited to serve evolving customer needs, train more surgeons to improve standards of care, and treat more patients globally as access expands.
We are seeking a leader who can combine technology expertise with knowledge of the healthcare provider environment to effectively lead IT engagement with our hospital customers in support of J&J digital surgery. At the core of our digital surgery strategy lies a belief in the value and power of data, and the full benefits of digital surgery to patients, surgeons, hospitals and taxpayers. As a Senior Manager - HIP it will be your responsibility to help the business realise this by connecting the J&J platform to existing hospital information systems and data.
As a Senior Manager - HIP you will engage the hospital IT function at all levels, from CIO to network administrator, as well as other key partners representing legal, compliance, privacy and information governance concerns. They will understand the complexity and variability of healthcare IT across countries, systems, and hospitals, and demonstrate sensitivity to the challenges faced by IT functions, and to the concerns and processes involved in obtaining access to sensitive patient data.
As a Senior Manager - HIP will demonstrate a deep understanding of healthcare integration standards (FHIR, HL7, DICOM), information coding systems (SNOMED CT and others) and technologies (e.g. integration engines). They will know the procedural and technical measures that can help protect patient privacy.
They will be able to lead customer engagements from qualification to delivery, leading both the customer partner and the J&J and partner delivery resources. They will be comfortable managing a virtual, distributed team.
You will also contribute to the scaling and evolution of this new capability in J&J, helping to bring together lessons and define delivery models as we expand our hospital systems integration work in scope and scale.
You will also have demonstrable experience in healthcare / hospital IT. You will also likely have a consulting and professional services background, or otherwise be able to demonstrate the necessary skills in analysis, persuasion, and engagement leadership.
- Engages and influences the hospital IT function at all levels, from CIO to network administrator, as well as other key partners representing legal, compliance, privacy and information governance concerns.
- Leads engagements with external customers to experiment, test and pilot connectivity and hospital integration solutions within the hospital environment. Feeds insights and learning back to product management and engineering teams to iterate and refine solutions.
- Leads and manages hospital engagements from inception and initial scoping through final delivery and signoff, handling the J&J and partner resources involved in delivery.
- Negotiates access to scarce hospital IT resource.
- Negotiates access to sensitive patient and provider data.
- Partners with product management and customers to understand needs and requirements and translates to engineering, service, and other J&J teams responsible for architecting, building and operating scalable solutions.
- Contributes to the scaling and evolution of this new capability in J&J, helping to capture lessons and define delivery models as we expand our hospital systems integration work in scope and scale.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- An advanced degree in engineering, technology or business administration would also be beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience and deep understanding of related IT infrastructure architecture integration projects.
- Dedicated work experience with Hospital Information Systems (EHR/EM and/or Health Information Standards (DICOM, HL7, FIHR) or integrating Hospital Information Systems, inclusive of Electronic Medical Records (EMR) and PACS would be a prerequisite for this opportunity.
- Experience managing or integrating with Hospital Information Systems, including Electronic Medical Records, PACS, and Scheduling systems.
- Knowledge and experience of Healthcare Information content standards (HL7, CDA), transport standards (DICOM, FIHR, etc.) and coding standards (LOINC, ICD 10, SNOMED).
- Demonstrable experience working within Hospitals/Health Systems, Life Sciences or Medical Devices.
- Experience working across healthcare systems in different geographies, markets, and care settings would also be advantageous to this position. A deep understanding of the variation in practices, systems, and data is critical.
- Experience developing and implementing technology strategies at scale.
- Experience leading Software Product Management and/or Software Engineering, including understanding of Agile and Lean Methodologies.
- Working knowledge of regulatory, security, privacy and compliance considerations for medical devices and software as a medical device is required.
- Ability to succeed as an individual contributor in a creative, fast-paced, start-up culture.
- Ability to manage diverse partners, build strong positive relationships and utilising superb communication skills to interact effectively with empathy across business, customer and technology audiences at all levels.
- Ability to understand, probe, gather and articulate customer requirements, concerns, and inhibitors and seek resolutions with alacrity.
- Ability to explain complex technology topics in easy-to-understand terms.
- Ability to manage a team within a matrixed structure.
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills without direct authority.
- This position may require up to 75% travel.
Johnson & Johnson are an equal opportunity employer.
Europe/Middle East/Africa, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Switzerland, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Belgium, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Germany, Europe/Middle East/Africa-Spain, Europe/Middle East/Africa-France
Johnson & Johnson Medical Ltd. - fka -Ethicon Ltd. (7355)