Johnson & Johnson Careers
Requisition ID: 1905742057W
Director of Operations
Reporting to: Plant Manager, VisionCare, Limerick
Location: Johnson & Johnson VisionCare, Castletroy
Johnson & Johnson VisionCare is one of the worlds largest manufacturer of contact lenses. In our Limerick facility we manufacture the Acuvue range of contact lenses and we employ over 900 people directly. Due to continued growth we are now recruiting for a Director of Operations to help support our growing business.
As the Director of Operations you will be responsible for the business performance of specific Value Streams within Vision Care’s Ireland Operations, ensuring that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
You will plan, develop, and direct all aspects of specific Value Stream activities based on sales/profitability and other goals and objectives established in conjunction with the next highest level of management.
You will lead the respective teams to deliver Vision Care’s strategic objectives as well as instilling a mind-set of continuous improvement.
Main areas of responsibility:
− Ensure compliance with safety and environmental corporate and agency regulations integrating these into the daily business activities and decisions.
- Ensure supply of manufactured product in line with demand plan and compliance requirements as well as achieving agreed targets for productivity, lead times, inventory levels.
− Ensure areas of responsibility are always in compliance with corporate quality standards and Regulatory requirements.
− Perform and supports the execution of short-term and long-term business plans in relation to sales/profitability and growth objectives.
− Make timely decisions, balancing short-term needs with longer term strategic impact.
− Support the development and execution of policies consistent with the policies and objectives as set by senior leadership in the organization.
− Appraise and evaluates the results of areas of responsibility regularly and systematically and reports these results.
− Maximizes performance and productivity for specific Value Streams.
− Be responsible for people development with specific focus on building a diverse pipeline; making sure back-ups for key positions are identified and developed.
− Create the structure and processes necessary to manage the organization's activities and its projected growth.
− Ensure robust services and working relationships with key staff of important customers and vendors, with outside services such as consultants, legal counsel, advertising agencies, and regulatory agencies, and with outside public and governmental bodies.
− Build an engaged workforce and establish a plan for continuous staff development.
− Lead and coaches their team.
− Actively participate as a member of the SLT.
- Ensure strong collaboration with other functions within a matrixed organisation in support of E2E Supply Chain.
Education and Experience Required for Role
− Degree or equivalent in Engineering or Business-related subject
− Minimum 10-12 years relevant experience in a manufacturing environment
− 5 years senior management experience within a regulated multinational environment
− Master’s Degree in engineering or business-related subject
− Previous Operations Management Experience within a manufacturing environment
− Experience of implementation of lean manufacturing practices
Other Skills and Abilities
- Consistent adherence to Credo values, understand business and compliance procedures.
- Ability to deal effectively with a variety of conflicting issues and diplomatically solve these issues.
- Ability to translate corporate goals and objectives into successful strategies
- Strong analytical problem solving, interpersonal, negotiation and leadership skills as well as associate relations capabilities, technology management, financial analysis and customer-focused decision making.
- Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries, complaints etc.
Johnson & Johnson Vision Care (Ireland) Limited (8182)